Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5268
    Ummm ... have you checked your calendar?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks pretty cool, that price is laughable though. My experience with kickstarters is usually great ideas poorly executed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7029
    Don't you just love comparative advertising where they make comparisons without any, or with a very vague, comparator?

Examples:
    1. "78% of the people surveyed said that they preferred <insert product name here>" - Preferred it to what?  A kick in the goolies?
    2. "Your laundry whites will be four times whiter" - Than what, charcoal?
    3. "9 out of 10 cat owners said that their pets preferred kittystix" - To what?  Being shaved with a rusty razor, dunked in vinegar and rolled in salt?
    Here we have yet more:
    1. "5x LIGHTER than a typical guitar amp" - What is a "typical" guitar amp?
    2. "As LOUD as your drummer" - Do you mean the drummer him/herself, or his/her drums?
    Why, why why? Aaaaarrrghhh!!

"With the help of a shape that nature has crafted and sustained from the earliest life forms until today, we designed a product that redefines what guitar amplifiers should look and feel like".

Clearly the product/company name is derived from Ammonoids (extinct marine molluscs with spiral snail shells), but I cannot see how an equiangular/logarithmic spiral shape helps to redefine an amplifier, other than to make you fearful that it might slowly slip away on a trail of slime when you stop for a break and go for a beer.
  • alexhalexh Frets: 58
    edited September 2021
    BillDL said:
    Don't you just love comparative advertising where they make comparisons without any, or with a very vague, comparator?

Examples:
    1. "78% of the people surveyed said that they preferred <insert product name here>" - Preferred it to what?  A kick in the goolies?
    2. "Your laundry whites will be four times whiter" - Than what, charcoal?
    3. "9 out of 10 cat owners said that their pets preferred kittystix" - To what?  Being shaved with a rusty razor, dunked in vinegar and rolled in salt?
    Here we have yet more:
    1. "5x LIGHTER than a typical guitar amp" - What is a "typical" guitar amp?
    2. "As LOUD as your drummer" - Do you mean the drummer him/herself, or his/her drums?
    Why, why why? Aaaaarrrghhh!!

"With the help of a shape that nature has crafted and sustained from the earliest life forms until today, we designed a product that redefines what guitar amplifiers should look and feel like".

Clearly the product/company name is derived from Ammonoids (extinct marine molluscs with spiral snail shells), but I cannot see how an equiangular/logarithmic spiral shape helps to redefine an amplifier, other than to make you fearful that it might slowly slip away on a trail of slime when you stop for a break and go for a beer.
    The horn loudspeaker design, i.e. single driver with a long sound path is not new but doing so in such a small package is interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like a good Kickstarter, but I generally support much smaller projects where there is a production-ready product that just needs funding for that first manufacturing run. I've got some good pens and a couple of books that way.

This looks pretty fully-formed, but the product itself is a little odd. I can't help feeling the speaker is a beer trap, for one thing...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952

This looks pretty fully-formed, but the product itself is a little odd. I can't help feeling the speaker is a beer trap, for one thing...
    This. In fact the whole thing looks too unprotected for stage use - even more so than the average multi-FX.

I like the concept a lot, but there are too many other details I don't, as well. For example - it may be light, but it looks like you can't lift it with one hand... it's an odd shape and doesn't appear to have a handle.

I'm not a massive fan of putting all the eggs in one basket, anyway. If you're gigging with it you then need two of them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9550
    edited September 2021
    First thoughts - Looks nice but I don’t really see what’s so great about it...

Hybrid amp - Vox have been doing these for ages
    Built in effects - Most manufacturers of SS amps do this
    Ability to store patches - See above
    Lightweight - Again, see above
    Loud - Ok, so this is 200W, but several manufacturers have 80W, 100W, 150W SS amps in their ranges.

To be fair this does look like it’s a premium product, in the same way that an iPad is, but unless it actually sounds quantifiably better than, say, a Silverline or somesuch I’ll be giving it a miss.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9550
    edited September 2021
    Oops! Double post.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    The website's so annoying it'd put me off anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    I was just thinking at this weekend`s gig `I wish I had an expensive upwards facing speaker between myself and the audience so drunken dancers could spill beer into it!`

My prayers have been answered!
  • 5X!!!! Lighter!!! 
    Plus a big knob.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life