Guitar Pro inputting music

2»

Comments

• I find it amazing just what you can capture with subdivisions, triplets, and dotted stuff...and I guess you'll often be using swing-feel which (obviously) skews everything.

You could always post a section as a 'transcription challenge' so the forum 'hive-mind' can try and solve it...I like a challenge and I'm bound to learn something in the process.

Likely suspects: @stratman3142 @viz ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 182
    Haha you mean people do this for fun! Good plan!

Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24165
    Here's an approach which I've never tried ;)

Tap in a monotone part (e.g. use a hi-hat) just to capture the rhythmic info...then export it as M1D1.
    You could get some 'interesting' results if you're not perfect though.

Someone have a go at this and report back!
    I was just going to suggest that. Either with a drum or just any random note with a keyboard just to get the rhythm.
  • Here's an approach which I've never tried ;)

Tap in a monotone part (e.g. use a hi-hat) just to capture the rhythmic info...then export it as M1D1.
    You could get some 'interesting' results if you're not perfect though.

Someone have a go at this and report back!
    I was just going to suggest that. Either with a drum or just any random note with a keyboard just to get the rhythm.
    I just tried this...nightmare.

I spent far too long trying to get a single bar right...problems:
    • if you let go of a note early, you get strange note lengths plus the remainder in rests
    • you must quantize...and you must be judicious...so you need to know the rhythms that you're quantizing