SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1996 Gibson Nighthawk Special / California Artist Hardtail Strat

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
Well look here, laydeez and djentlemen...  The cleansing of the Schloss Moans Augean Stables continueth.  Two tasty gems here for you to salivate and, potentially, open your wallets/paypal accounts over.

Both guitars are in Barnet, N London.  As ever, prefer collection in person: I'm happy to drive an hour or so to hand over.  Willing of course to discuss postage but a quick look in the garage tells me I only have one box left.  Must be losing my magpie touch...  

Anyway, onto the goods:

California Artist Guitars Hardtail Stratocaster ***SOLD***

One of those U.K. well kept secrets…

Swamp ash body finished in thin skin nitro tint; hard tail bridge, wax cloth wired vintage loom with treble bleed cts 250k pots 

The.neck is sublime: hand shaped 60s C profile with a hand rolled fretboard in rosewood and hand finished rolled over fret ends also finished in thin skin nitro tint with  TUSQ permanently lubricated nut…

José Dominger pickups to round off the package.

This is by far the 'better' player of the 2 Strats I currently have, but the one I'm keeping is a rare paisley jobbie that also has some sentimental value, so bag a quality bit of kit for a bargain price before I change my mind...

No case for this one, and as I survey the pitiful smouldering ruins of my guitar room there's not even a gig bag.  I can order one if necessary, but please bear in mind that will take a couple of days.

Note there's a couple of small but visible scratches on the front - I think the thin finish marks pretty easily.

£600 (plus postage, if necessary).  NOW SOLD

1996 Gibson Nighhawk Special ***SOLD***

Slimmer and lighter than a 'full fat' LP, with a handy gut-cut to accommodate the more mature gentle person, this lovely little thing is based on the mahogany/maple cab combo we all know and love. I think the Special designation means just a bit less binding than its posher brethren and dots as opposed to fancier inlays on the board.

Mini-humbucker in the neck posish, and an M-Series slanted bucker in the bridge, which itself has this interesting string through body concept that's more reminiscent of a Fender than anything I've seen before on a Gibbo.  Interesting 5-way switching for a load of split coil wizardry that was way beyond my simple, peasant understanding, but all in all an interesting and in my eyes rather lovely package.

Couple of small dings on the back.  Top pretty much pristine.

Selling as I've got guitars coming out of my ears and really need to make some space, and this has been pushed down the pecking order by all the other cool shit round here.  

Comes in its original tan/pink lined Gibson hardcore.

£800 (plus postage, if necessary). NOW SOLD

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    edited October 2021
    Strat sold... how does 15 mins from ad going up to PM fare in the Forum Quicksales Stakes?

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nighthawk on hold...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28248
    Nighthawks are criminally under-rated.

I've got the 3-p'up version, so I knows.

GLWTS.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Nighthawks are criminally under-rated.

I've got the 3-p'up version, so I knows.

GLWTS.
    It's great: just got far more of these things than my wall hangers will, er, hang.  And thanks ;)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Nighthawk also sold.  Milles mercis to all.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer