SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Friedman Vintage T Metallic Blue Dual PAF Style Humbuckers

What's Hot
Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
SOLD ON REVERB

Decided to part ways with my quite wonderful Friedman Vintage T.

Purchased from Andertons a few years ago after playing it in their shop and bonding immediately.

Unfortunately for me, I've been extensively playing my Les Paul recently and I just can't get on with the Fender style scale length of the Vintage T now when switching over to it.
I was thinking of keeping it as a back up to my Les Paul, as the PAF pups really do sound great, but I think now I've resolved to sell this and keep saving to find an R8 or R9 that I like the feel of.

Pics of the guitar to follow, but the original Anderton's listing is here I've ripped their images off, as they can take better ones than me and this is the exact guitar I purchased: https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/friedman-vintage-t-mahogany-body-rosewood-fingerboard-metallic-blue-tortoiseshell-guard-humbuckers-aged-vintage-t-mrmth0117232?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=-Mlk-dccm-P8Mlk-dccm-P8Mlk-dccm-P8

Guitar comes with original hard case and Grover Jackson certificate....if I can find it. Filed it away somewhere safe.

Looking for £1850 delivered and insured Mainland UK (anything NI, Highlands, IOW, IOM will be a bit extra I'm afraid).

There's a video of he who should not be named playing it here if anyone wants a sound clip? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlk-dccm-P8 

The guitar feature about 17.30 mins in.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Oh my would ya look at THAT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3441
    edited October 2021
    Woah. Love these. If only I could! Must be one hell of a les paul, what is it?
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
    Yeah it's awesome. Don't be shocked if it's withdrawn....played it a bit last night and already having second thoughts. 

The stripped part of the neck looked a bit anaemic to me, so I used a bit of that Monty's relic wax on it to darken it down, also used on the fretboard. Looks way better now and feels lovely.

My pics below.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3441
    OK, so it's withdrawn. But which les paul do you have?
    Nothing fancy, just a 50’s goldtop standard with humbuckers….. love it though
  • Back up for sale.

Trade option added in the original thread
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18174
    tFB Trader
    Ooo, that's right in my wheelhouse. 

Possibly a bit too relicy for me.
    Bump, price drop to £1750 as I've seen something I'd like and I don't want to use my credit card to get it.
  • monthly(ish) bump 
    Back up for sale. 
    bump