SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Japan Pink Paisley Telecaster - Sold

What's Hot
CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 873
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
So here it is, one of the ones I thought would never go. As part of a conscious downsizing of everything the gorgeous Paisley is up for sale.

It's a Japanese Fender with all the quality that entails. Brilliant neck, superb sounds and an all round great playing experience. 

My first sight of a Paisley tele was Dr & The Medics on TOTP playing Spirit in the Sky. It was love at first sight. Then I found out about James Burton and I was sold even more.
May 2002 issue of Guitarist came along and stoked the flames with a great review and the search was on. I eventually found one and have enjoyed it since.

This guitar is all original apart from replacement pickguard after the original was damaged. Almost mint apart from one tiny mark as shown in the last picture (the lines under the mark are reflections).
Complete with copy of guitarist mag.

£790 collection from Leyland, Lancashire 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16415
    Very Lovely 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Size of neck on this one @countrydave ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @mikeyrob73 a nice handful. Not dissimilar to my 52ri.

I have a buyer coming round to collect later this evening, so marking this as sale pending for now.
    That was fast mate , if it falls through let me know 
  • @mikeyrob73 had a couple of messages on here and about a dozen through Facebook. 
    I’m guessing I priced it about right.
    Yeah lovely looking thing so not surprised it went so quickly 
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 767
    edited October 2021
    A lovely lovely guitar that I have played in the past. @CountryDave I remember watching you play some late era Elvis covers on this guitar when you were with '57 Chevy, and it was the perfect guitar for that, and also pretty raunchy when it needed to be too - I hope it finds a good home!
  • That’s lovely! Well done on the sale so quickly, it is the cheapest I have seen one of these for a looooong time. 
  • pjfpjf Frets: 332
    @mikeyrob73 had a couple of messages on here and about a dozen through Facebook. 
    Where perchance would one advertise this on Facebook out of interest? Is there a general UK guitar sales group?
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    pjf said:
    @mikeyrob73 had a couple of messages on here and about a dozen through Facebook. 
    Where perchance would one advertise this on Facebook out of interest? Is there a general UK guitar sales group?
    There’s about 5 billion of them. Probably the largest is U.K. Guitar Amp Ear Exchange, but they are truly Legion.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • pjfpjf Frets: 332
    JerkMoans said:
    pjf said:
    There’s about 5 billion of them. Probably the largest is U.K. Guitar Amp Ear Exchange, but they are truly Legion.
    Thanks very much! The combination of guitars, amps and body parts is a fairly unusual one from my perspective, but probably not in the grand scheme of the Facebook universe  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As mentioned above, there are bloody loads. Many by region which is useful. 
    Many more run by bedroom dealers who snap up the bargains as they approve the listings. But let’s not open that can of worms here.
    If I’m listing something, I go to Marketplace first, then select which groups I want to share with.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    pjf said:
    JerkMoans said:
    pjf said:
    Thanks very much! The combination of guitars, amps and body parts is a fairly unusual one from my perspective, but probably not in the grand scheme of the Facebook universe  :)
    That’s Silk Road for ya :naughty: 

*Gear. Fucking autocorrect.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer