RedSound LG12 issue - any repairers local to Bucks?

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
Hi all,

Sold a RedSound LG12 cab, and the buyer has returned it as it was making a crackling noise and then made a loud bang and stopped working. I've received it back, and changed the fuse, and it now powers on - but there's a loud humming, and a smell of burning coming from it....!

I've been trying to contact RedSound about it, as well as the original reseller (who is no longer in business it seems), but there's been no response.

Does anyone know of anyone in the Bucks / Berks / Oxon areas who'd be able to take a look at the issue and ideally fix it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    edited October 2021
    I don’t know of anyone, but when my Atomic CLR stopped working it had to go back to Atomic in the states. The power supply module looked to be a standard off the shelf part, and they swapped it over, so if you can open up the amp module you might be able to see a part number for the burned out looking part. Would be cheaper than shipping to Italy.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    Cheers - I opened it up, but everything looks fine to me. No smoke or blackening anywhere. 
  • Unfortunately I cannot answer the question re a repair shop, but wanted to chip in to avoid any implication in this tale to @FarleyUK's reputation! I bought the other Redsound cab being sold simultaneously, which arrived safe and sound, fully working and in indistinguishable from new condition. A very easy and satisfactory transaction.
    No comfort to the other purchaser but maybe a careless courier dropped it or something similar?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    FarleyUK said:
    Cheers - I opened it up, but everything looks fine to me. No smoke or blackening anywhere. 
    It'll be a capacitor in the Switched Mode Power Supply that has failed. Not difficult to repair if you have the circuit diagram. There was someone on the forum who had picked up UK Distribution Rights for Red Sound @Coolguitar not sure if that is still the case?
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    I think @Kebabkid knows the UK reseller.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    welshboyo said:
    There are contact details on their Facebook Page but they may have gone "pop". Website is dead.

https://www.facebook.com/clearsounduk/

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    exocet said:
    welshboyo said:
    There are contact details on their Facebook Page but they may have gone "pop". Website is dead.

Yep, I've tried contacting Peter several times with no joy.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    FarleyUK said:
    exocet said:
    welshboyo said:

Yep, I've tried contacting Peter several times with no joy.
    @FarleyUK Pm'd you :)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    I was recently looking for an authorised repairer for a QSC amp and came across this company in Chesham: www.audiorelated.com - might be worth a try.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom