Fretboard closing my connection Cannot access the fretboard on my android via mobile internet?

What's Hot

Comments

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 684
    edited October 2021
    Thanks @exocet - not a TLS problem - the server doesn't even get to send a "Hello" response to commence the TLS handshake. My money is on the 3 network injecting a TCP Reset ("RST") packet following the "Client hello". We'd be able to confirm this with tcpdump if anyone has a routed android device on 3.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited October 2021
    Could you run TCPDUMP on Windows connected to phone hotspot session? 

Answering my own question - if I connect to my phone hotspot from Windows - I can access the site via Chrome Browser..
    Potentially yes. Linux would be preferable, natch ;)
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    I've got Wireshark on Windows but as I said above, when I connect my computer to my phone hotspot - everything is fine accessing www.thefretboard.com 
    Curious. What about curl from your Windows machine ? We need a packet capture with a failing connection.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    If you filter for `host 178.79.176.24` in tcpdump that will capture all traffic to and from the site.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    edited October 2021
    maharg101 said:
    If you filter for `host 178.79.176.24` in tcpdump that will capture all traffic to and from the site.
    I suspect that my Hotspot experiment is null and void - I was running from my Work computer (at home) but I think it has some kind of Cisco Web Tool / Proxy / VPN built in - put it like this, even without my formal work Cisco Connect VPN client being active, there is still some web filtering going on. If I run a Tracert from Windows, the route is different to that taken direct from my Mobile Phone directly ( I can see 172.20.x.x in the path) - even though it is definitely going via my phone - I can tell because of the additional latency from poor connection.

I can see the TCP session with 178.79.176.24 within the trace - no errors, but as web page displays that makes sense.

Just repeated from my Mac, exactly the same i..e Hotspot connection using Chrome Browser on Mac, I get a successful connection to the website via 3 Mobile.
    Given the curl output I'm very much expecting to see a RST packet immediately after the TLS client hello when the error occurs. I've just noticed @exocet that the three support link you posted earlier says:

Your settings will be updated right away, but you'll need to end your current data session. Switch your device off and on, or just turn airplane mode on and off, for it to take effect.

Did you end / restart the data session as described ?

Also:

If you think we're blocking a site we shouldn't be, or something's not blocked when it should be, email us at content@three.co.uk. We'll get in touch within 3 working days.

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    Restarted phone, no difference to end result. 
  • Don't know much about VPN's, but if I turn on the one on my McAfee A.V then somehow, I can't post comment on YouTube. Don't know why, but I know that's the cause.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    Boo mines broken again now. Was in farm foods with my wife and had to actually pay attention.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    DefaultM said:
    Boo mines broken again now. Was in farm foods with my wife and had to actually pay attention.
    Wow, this needs escalating, can't we figure a work around  - get a new mobile to you?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    "Quick let me borrow your phone, I need to argue with someone on tfb and I can't get online!"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mine is working today for the 1st time in about a week. I changed the 3 network Web Filtering (Adult Content) yesterday - didn't have an immediate impact but today all is good.
    exocet said:
    Mine is working today for the 1st time in about a week. I changed the 3 network Web Filtering (Adult Content) yesterday - didn't have an immediate impact but today all is good.
    Nice one ! 
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    ..and then today its gone again....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Same device, same TLS. Hmm...

Suggest getting in touch with 3:
    If you think we're blocking a site we shouldn't be, or something's not blocked when it should be, email us at content@three.co.uk. We'll get in touch within 3 working days.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    maharg101 said:

Same here, I've pinged them an email. I suppose the outage is good for my GAS...
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    MrSwanson said:
    maharg101 said:

Same here, I've pinged them an email. I suppose the outage is good for my GAS...
    Enough of us have apparently flagged this and they're going to sort it this week!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwanson said:
    MrSwanson said:
    maharg101 said:

Enough of us have apparently flagged this and they're going to sort it this week!
    Wow, really?

Colour me impressed.

(if they actually do it, that is)
    <space for hire>