Oil City Autumn sale ...

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10234
Okay chaps, I think I should play my part in kicking out some of the Autumn blues and offer a bit of a discount for a limited time across my whole range. People often moan that they missed a sale or some surplus pickups etc so here's fair warning :-)
Starting on Monday (October 25th) there will be 15% off for four weeks! - I'll publish a voucher code that you can use on our site shortly. As usual these pickups will be built to order for you (we prefer to do it that way so we keep very few ready made pickups -just when you make ten 'zebra' humbuckers someone says 'can I have those with 'hot pink' bobbins?'  

Watch this space :-)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10234
    tFB Trader
    The code for the sale (active from Monday) is OilyAutumn21
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Thanks Ash
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    normula1 said:
    Thanks Ash
    You are very welcome :-)

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17565
    tFB Trader
    I think that picture might be of the set of Blackbirds that went to me.

I've never been more blown away by a set of humbuckers. Absolutely superb.
  • Still really love the  Blackbird 'Ulfberht' Overwound you did me.

Here's a video of it versus a Nailbomb and SH6.

You can hear it sounds phat. 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    looking forward to the sale.

Could you provide some more detail on the difference between your Fortyniner and Copperfield, Ash? 

tFB Trader
    The Copperfield is EXACTLY like the pickup used by a certain chap who cant get any Satisfaction - the Fortyniner is a copy of the earliest Tele pickup. The Copperfield is a bit less powerful and has more natural attack. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    Is somebody taking the Micawber? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    The Copperfield is EXACTLY like the pickup used by a certain chap who cant get any Satisfaction - the Fortyniner is a copy of the earliest Tele pickup. The Copperfield is a bit less powerful and has more natural attack. 
    thanks for this!

Now how would the Fortyniner compare to the Honky Tonk Angel? I have the latter in the bridge position of my Strat, and it's a great pickup.

For context, I am planning a partscaster Tele build. I could just go with the Honky Tonk Angel again which I know will be good but I wonder what the other options you offer would give me. 

tFB Trader
    Is somebody taking the Micawber? 
    My lips are sealed 
    NPP said:
    thanks for this!

Now how would the Fortyniner compare to the Honky Tonk Angel? I have the latter in the bridge position of my Strat, and it's a great pickup.

For context, I am planning a partscaster Tele build. I could just go with the Honky Tonk Angel again which I know will be good but I wonder what the other options you offer would give me. 
    The Fortyniner is a little more compressed due to alnico 3 magnets versus the alnico 2 in the HTA ... or the put it another way the HTA has more of a 'middle hump' in its EQ :-)