Leicester (and Leicester-ish) folks - the tricky second outing

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
edited December 2021 in Events
Am thinking of booking a room at Quad one evening, just for an hour or two. I'm mainly playing 10 minutes or so at home every now and then. So I fancy just having a bit of a jam. Nothing huge, and I'm happy to cover costs of a rehearsal room. So if anyone fancies it let me know and I'll investigate when I can get a room. Will be a weekday evening. As I say I'm happy to cover room costs - you would just need to cover hiring an amp if you need one.

In terms of what to play - I'm pretty rubbish and just enjoy bashing away at simple stuff. Not looking to form a band, or perform note perfect covers of Dream Theater or Yngwie. Just some simple grooves and a bit of a giggle. So don't worry about being any sort of standard - just don't be an arse.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Id be happy to come along and guitar/sing or drum if needed - also @idoitwind might be interested.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    edited November 2021
    Depending on dates, I’d definitely be up for a jam -I rarely get time to pick a guitar up for more than 10 minutes these days so rusty as hell, but if there is no objection to three dozen bum notes!
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    We’ll share bum note duties! I’m told if you play them twice it sounds intentional…
  • Also known as jazz.
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    Let me know a date and I'll pop by.  I'll bring my anal bagpipes, but can also step in on drums, bass, etc
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    edited November 2021
    Depending on dates I’d be up for that….it’d be nice to meet some more people from here in person.
    Will check on dates with Quad at some point today
    Hi all. Trying to get in touch with Quad with little joy. No answer on the phone, and emails bounce. Website is down too. Are they still around?

I've sent a couple of messages to other places in Leicester to see what we can sort. Probably looking at evening of the 25th - if they have availability. Will let you all know.

Nik
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    They're still around as far as I know, but have always been a right PITA to get hold of IMO.  Try their Facebook page?
    Bod said:
    They're still around as far as I know, but have always been a right PITA to get hold of IMO.  Try their Facebook page?
    Have dropped a message on there too. We shall see..

Have also put messages to Still Ill and Yellow Bean
    Success! Managed to get hold of Quad. I have a room booked between 8pm and 10pm on Thursday 25th November. They only have a couple of amps in the room (I need one) so if you have an amp please bring it. I'll bring my Spark but not sure how well it will do in a room. Bass amp and drums booked. If you can let me know show of hands (I've said between 8 and 10 people - doesn't matter if it less).

Cheers

Nik
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Doh! My wifes away that day so Im on childcare duty sorry.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Doh! My wifes away that day so Im on childcare duty sorry.
    Argh! Sorry!!

• I might be interested in that. I have a couple of partscasters that have never been played in anger, and an amp with a ton of dust on that needs some fresh air. Chords are my thing, though, so I'd probably just be background noise.

Only thing is I'd be due up the following morning at 5am, so convincing myself to go out that late may be an issue, but my arm is potentially twistable...
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I might be able to come along and do bass duty if you want?
    I might be interested in that. I have a couple of partscasters that have never been played in anger, and an amp with a ton of dust on that needs some fresh air. Chords are my thing, though, so I'd probably just be background noise.

Only thing is I'd be due up the following morning at 5am, so convincing myself to go out that late may be an issue, but my arm is potentially twistable...
    Not really in the arm twisting game, but you are more than welcome if you can make it, even if just for an hour. I'm the same, have a couple of partscasters that have never been played in anger.

I'm thinking songs will be three chord wonders/common classics so no worries about that bit!
    That would be cool - be good to see you
  • ellwood said:
    I might be interested in that. I have a couple of partscasters that have never been played in anger, and an amp with a ton of dust on that needs some fresh air. Chords are my thing, though, so I'd probably just be background noise.

Not really in the arm twisting game, but you are more than welcome if you can make it, even if just for an hour. I'm the same, have a couple of partscasters that have never been played in anger.

I'm thinking songs will be three chord wonders/common classics so no worries about that bit!
    Consider it done then :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    Damn it, would be well up for this, but unfortunately I have a shift on the 25th of November...... Oh well, keep me posted for the next one please, I can play drums too as needed :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ellwood said:
    That would be cool - be good to see you
    Yeah, ok pencil me in and let me know what you’d like me to bass on, or I’ll make it up - either way should be ok but need to check dates first