Amp sim pedal into Bose S1 PA

deejayendeejayen Frets: 15
I'm looking for a battery-powered unit which will give me a great clean sound into a Bose S1 Pro PA speaker.  I've been using a Mesa Boogie head into a hardware speaker simulator then into the Bose, and it sounds pretty good, but I need a battery-powered alternative.  I'd also want to use it for recording directly into an interface.

I've also got a separate amp pedal (who's name escapes me) and a DSM Omnicabsim Deluxe, but the amp pedal needs 48V, and although I've rigged up a battery system, it's not ideal, plus it's a bit noisy.

The smallest option seems to be the Quilter Phantom Block, then there's the DSM Simplifier, Tech 21 Flyrigs, plus a load of others including some digital modellers.  Simple would suit me, but it needs to sound really good.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think that anything digital will draw too much current to be run for long on a battery unless you use some kind of high capacity battery pack. I'd look at analogue solutions, however a lot of the modern options (Simplifier, AMT F1 or V1) don't have room for a battery compartment so, again,you'll need an external battery pack.

Personally, I use the old Award-Session JD10 for this kind of situation (which does allow for an internal 9V battery). I've used the JD10 in various situations over many, many years and it always does a good job for me. No longer made but you might find one secondhand.
  • Thanks very much.  I'll keep my eyes open.  However, although I remember seeing the JD10 when they were current, I haven't seen one in years. 
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Palmer Pocket Amp Mk2 is worth a look if you favour simplicity. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Sansamps are analog and run from 9v battery.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1