SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson SG Standard (2018)

joolsajoolsa Frets: 5
edited December 2021 in Guitars £
Withdrawn until the New Year!

Gibson SG Standard 2018, bought new back then.

I have loved this guitar, but as I've bought a couple of other guitars I've learnt I prefer a thicker neck. This one is now sitting in it's case far too much of the time It's this model: http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/SG-Standard-2018.aspx

This is the last of the 'crazy management' years, but this is a conventional 60s SG Standard, with a 'Slim Taper' / 60s neck. Gibson supplied locking tuners and it came with a hard case.

It's only been used in my house (I'm not a smoker), and it's in really clean condition. There are a couple of near-invisible marks in the headstock (pictured) and no buckle rash on the back. The back isn't absolutely perfect, but it seems impossible to take photos of the couple very minor indents.

This had the PCB based electrics, and the bridge volume pot went bad after about 18 months, so I've installed a Six String Supplies replacement wiring harness, which has coil taps on the tone pots.

Not really wanting trades, as I have a couple of other guitars.

Ideally collection or we'd meet within an hours drive or so of my house in Brighton. I have relatives in south Birmingham, so might be able to arrange something along that route before Christmas. Would consider shipping as a last resort, if it doesn't go otherwise, but I'd ship it fully insured and I'd need to get cardboard boxes, so it would be a faff and pretty costly.

I'm very happy if you want to try it at my place, or if you'd like to do a FaceTime call or similar to take a look over it.

£950

Thanks,

Jools

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments