SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic Strat- Abbys REDUCED £2500 free uk postage

What's Hot
guitarmikguitarmik Frets: 13
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Well this is a hard one to think about letting go. I've had this one for years and it's been very well looked after with no additional "relicing" added by myself. Only selling since I bought an Exotic earlier this year and the other guitars I have aren't getting played and whilst im happy to have found "the one" with this new guitar it's always hard to let some go. 

This is a Candy Apple Red heavy relic Strat born on the 18th March 2009 and the cork sniffers will be pleased to read it is factory fitted with three original and signed Abby pickups which are becoming painfully precious in guitars/ used market.

Comes with original case (no issues), case candy, "ashtray" bridge cover, certificate, tags etc.

I swapped out the tremolo block for a Callaham (maybe better tone but certainly a better arm fit) and have had Raw Vintage brand springs fitted too (lower tension hence 5 springs). I'd personally recommend this upgrade for all Strats as it really helps the tuning stability. Original block and arm in the case. 

Traveller pic on imgur):
9.5 radius
Sanko 6105 frets
Large C neck profile (0.870 at 1st fret, 0.980 at 12th fret) with special notes for "lots of fretboard wear, remove finish from back of neck and leave dark and dirty)
Fat 50s pickups (wound, signed and dated by Abby) 
Weight 7.5lb

Forum price (assuming PPG/ Cash/ direct transfer) - £2600 Now £2550/ Now £2500 delivered. I'm near Chesterfield and able to travel a reasonable distance to meet but can post; for insurance purposes I'll only use UPS. https://imgur.com/a/hdRj8RL
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    That’s a lovely Strat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Golden-era guitars: Thank you so much, really appreciate your help. 

TheBreeze: Thanks, it's the custom shop guitar I've kept the longest and only selling as I've really bonded with an Xotic XSC and the poor thing isn't getting played. Still not 100% about it going but in reality it just isn't going to have the playtime it deserves. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1469
    edited December 2021
    Nice. Can't beat a red Strat (even though I bought a blue one o ). I'll embed a couple more of your photos for you.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Idiotwindow: Thanks a lot much appreciated 

• So a big win for Fender Custom service...I emailed them about the traveller/ specs and they got back to me in hours...amazing service. I've added a picture of this on the Imgur link in the original post. Neck is a bit different than I'm used to it's a "big C" apparently and also confirms the Abby pickups. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Makes me want a Strat again!!
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    That relic job could have fooled me. Very cool
  • Thanks for the comments gents. I agree with you Robert about the relic job, I reckon this one is particularly good, especially close up, and very much up there with the masterbuilts I’ve had. 

Skaguitar- I’ve always had a strat in the arsenal, consistently keep coming back to strats and teles despite a tendency to keep buying more/ different ones. 
  • On hold at the moment for a forum member 
  • Guitar available again. 
  • Bump
  • Bump…seen another guitar. Open to near offers 
  • Price drop bump 
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 577
    edited February 2022
    Thats a beautiful looking Stratocaster . . . My favourite colour too . . . You should have no problem selling your Guitar, its one of the nicest I've seen in a good while . .  Sensibly priced too . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Thanks maw4neu, it’s certainly very special but the herd is too big for it to get much play time. Hoping it goes to someone in the board as I’m trying to avoid eBay if possible. 
  • Weight added, 7.5lb (on the missus' baking scales)...should have known to have added this (hangs head in shame) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 80% off eBay fees so I bit the bullet and have listed the guitar there. 
  • Very surprised it's still here at this price! 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31439
    I'd love this- but it needs EMGs for the real win!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom