Hendrix chord/pentatonic interplay style songs/chord progressions?

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
I'm trying to practice my hendrix inspired chord/pentatonic riff/embellishments 'noodling' similar to Wind Cries Mary, Little wing, All along the watchtower.

Ive found Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter (E - B - A - E) which has given a different chord progression to improvise in.

Any recommendations for other songs in a similar style to use for inspiration?
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 181
    This vid I did might help you. Its all about playing out of the chords Hendrix style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R39MI3stFCA&t=47s

Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Eric Haugen on Youtube has a brilliant series on Hendrixy double stop covers of other songs. Tab and backing tracks available too. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Cheers kelpbeds, have checked out that video - hadnt thought of adding the minor chords - will try that out.

Have found Eric Haugens channel really useful and also Brett Papa/Papastache - he does alot of hendrix style tuition.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 181
    mrkb said:
    Cheers kelpbeds, have checked out that video - hadnt thought of adding the minor chords - will try that out.

Have found Eric Haugens channel really useful and also Brett Papa/Papastache - he does alot of hendrix style tuition.
    No worries, glad it helped!
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • soma1975 said:
    Eric Haugen on Youtube has a brilliant series on Hendrixy double stop covers of other songs. Tab and backing tracks available too. 
    Recommend his intro to theory course as well. Quickly spiced up my chord progressions from straight diatonic stuff.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    edited December 2021
    Found Beatles - “Don’t let  me down” has a similar style chord riffing. Have added that to the list.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1067
    An obvious one is Under the Bridge. Frusciante essentially just plays Hendrix straight with RHCP.
  • LPManic said:
    An obvious one is Under the Bridge. Frusciante essentially just plays Hendrix straight with RHCP.

This. One of my favourites to jam this style. Another great Hendrix one to practice this is Bold as Love. Check out Jamie Harrison on Youtube, he plays several tunes in this style with nice close ups of his hands (he sells loads of courses on this style also). John Mayer is another one fond of this.