Albert Lee Body Shape?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrBob said:
    Burgundy Mist ? 
    oh yes, that could look good! I am thinking of possibly humbucker size filtertrons or humbucker size wide range humbuckers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9127
    With that piece of wood I’d leave it plain. A varnish or oil finish will darken the wood a little, and go well against the gold.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 428
    Olympic white.
  • longjaw said:
    Olympic white.
    Yep, it could look similar to the Mascis JM with the gold pickguard.
  • Roland said:
    With that piece of wood I’d leave it plain. A varnish or oil finish will darken the wood a little, and go well against the gold.
    Open to that too. It could leave it open to dinging easily though? Like the Gibson faded models! You look at them and they ding! :anguished: 
  • White, that way if you ever change the gaurd you can use torty too.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    Roland said:
    That was my first thought too..
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    @GSPBASSES I actually quite fancy having a go at making a body myself so if you want to sell on the templates I’d be interested
    Had a look for the templates, I've only got the body shape jig, don't know what happened to the rest. I decided I might want to make some more of these next year, so I ordered the drawings from Electric Herald (free down load) I've got a local printing firm to print them out full size. I think that'll be a job for next year. 
      The two versions I used to make were a double HB, Mahogany body Mahogany neck, the TC version of it I used to make from Swamp Ash with a Maple neck, Rosewood or an Ebony fingerboard. The headstock was the beak shape, I still have 2 of the necks, roasted Birdseye Maple with Ebony fingerboards.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @GSPBASSES are you selling necks by chance ? Might might might be interested !
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1549
    edited December 2021
    Body on the way. I have an aluminium reverse neck Baguley neck for it, but am still thinking about a wood neck, but can't decide on headstock shape. I guess it would have to be something mildly pointy to compliment the body shape!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I hated that body shape when I first saw it. Quite like it now.

• The Albert Lee can take a strong colour. I'd go metallic Sherwood Green, maybe even with a sparkle added!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Any other suggestions for a neck headstock that might suit the AL body shape? I have seen some necks with headstock blanks, I suppose it would have to be something kind of pointy!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74472
    Any other suggestions for a neck headstock that might suit the AL body shape? I have seen some necks with headstock blanks, I suppose it would have to be something kind of pointy!
    I’d definitely go for a 4+2 Swinger shape if you can get a blank. It would match the body while still being a nod to MM.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CFHCFH Frets: 470
    Any other suggestions for a neck headstock that might suit the AL body shape? I have seen some necks with headstock blanks, I suppose it would have to be something kind of pointy!
    Go for the Baguley!