Who could refinish a fuzz face enclosure like this?

What's Hot

I love this. Any ideas on the process to do it or failing that ideas for UK people that could do similar (although different enough to not be a rip off)

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 894
    edited December 2021
    I saw that looks amazing doesn't it. 
    I can not help on this one, but certainly find it inspiring for future builds

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7426
    I’d imagine any of the people in the local Warhammer shop could do that. Otherwise look at the model car clubs.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Clear water slide sheet… the colours will be translucent… apply it and clear coat…

Did something similar:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7246
    Cheers, but I think it's painted in layers and not a decal as you can see from the relicing bits. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    mrkb said:
    I’d imagine any of the people in the local Warhammer shop could do that. Otherwise look at the model car clubs.
    Yeah I figured like maybe someone who paints crash helmets or somesuch.

• euaneuan Frets: 1942
    If you're willing to spend it there are a couple of people who I know that could do it. If I had after hours access to a booth I'd do it for you. Looks like an interesting mix of metallics and pearls to me.
    euan said:
    If you're willing to spend it there are a couple of people who I know that could do it. If I had after hours access to a booth I'd do it for you. Looks like an interesting mix of metallics and pearls to me.
    It's all for a project down the line of building my forever fuzz but when you say 'spend' what sort of ballpark are you talking? 

• WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    Juts a case of getting the layers done really.  Looks like the blue to pink burst was done first,  then the blue green layer on the bottom half, then the red stripes last.

Add some decals and clear  coats.   Bash it all about a bit, add some hofner style knobs.   Done
    WezV said:
    Juts a case of getting the layers done really.  Looks like the blue to pink burst was done first,  then the blue green layer on the bottom half, then the red stripes last.

Add some decals and clear  coats.   Bash it all about a bit, add some hofner style knobs.   Done

So is that airbrushed? Presumably this is not a beginner style project though right? I could maybe bash it around a bit. 

• WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    You can do a burst with rattle cans.  Don't think it's out the realms of possibility for a beginner, would just need a little practice on getting it smooth
    Cheers. I'm a particularly kack-handed beginner though so might pass that on then. 

• The chipping can be done with chipping compound I, put masking down for the sun rays, then the chipping compound down, then the red at the top and then the blue, before the paint dries too much use the paint brush to chip the paint back as desired then let dry and silk screen print the words