SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson SG

What's Hot
Hi everyone,

I'm on the lookout for a Gibson SG. I've got about £1k budget, and ideally I'm after something not black and not studio/tribute. I'm happy with dents, scratches and a bit of mojo, though.

And merry Christmas!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 399
    edited December 2021
    Just purchased an SG Std. from 1998 in cherry. Not bought via F’board but really rate these guitars.
    Schaller upgrade to the tuners is worth considering IMHO.  Hope you snag one soon!
    all the best
    jon 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, thank you Jon! Glad you got yourself a good one. And in cherry—the dream! 
  • Yes, and no neck break!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
    Do you like P90s? I have a (I think 2009) Classic.... I may be tempted to part with it. I'd probably be happy with £850. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danfromleekdanfromleek Frets: 0
    edited December 2021
    merlin said:
    Do you like P90s? I have a (I think 2009) Classic.... I may be tempted to part with it. I'd probably be happy with £850. 
    I do love those P90s, but it needs to be humbuckers this time around. Thank you, though!
  • @TTBZ has a cracking one for sale.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2994
    edited December 2021
    @TTBZ has a cracking one for sale.
    Kinda withdrawn it for now partly due to the recent massive price increases on Gibson guitars - I'm not likely to be able to afford one of a similar quality again any time soon so it feels like too much of a risk to sell a nice one at the minute. I could be tempted with a good offer or nice Gibson trade though.
  • TTBZ said:
    @TTBZ has a cracking one for sale.
    Kinda withdrawn it for now partly due to the recent massive price increases on Gibson guitars - I'm not likely to be able to afford one of a similar quality again any time soon so it feels like too much of a risk to sell a nice one at the minute. I could be tempted with a good offer or nice Gibson trade though.
    I think I might have put an offer in on your SG over on Reverb the other day! Is it the one with the pickguard cut a bit wider? It's a beauty, if so. I've got nothing to trade, unfortunately, but if you'd like me to make an offer just drop me a DM with what kind of money you're looking for. 
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 378
    Would a Tokai SG215 be of any interest? 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    Have a mint 2011 USA Standard available .. alas it's black!
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • Really nice 2000 SG standard in heritage cherry?
    Thanks, man! I've just put a payment down on a 2013 Standard in natural burst on eBay. But if it goes south I'll give you a shout. Merry Christmas! 
  • donbot said:
    Would a Tokai SG215 be of any interest? 
    I do love Tokais, but it needs to be a Gibson I think. Thank you, though! And merry Christmas!
  • Have a mint 2011 USA Standard available .. alas it's black!
    I took a sneaky look on your website! Gorgeous, but not for me. Some stunning stock on there by the way. Merry Christmas!
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    Cheers @danfromleek
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    Thanks, man! I've just put a payment down on a 2013 Standard in natural burst on eBay. But if it goes south I'll give you a shout. Merry Christmas! 
    No matter decided to keep it! :)
  • Hi. I have a 2016T SG standard for sale-£750,but has to be collected from Tilbury,or eventually London.