Wilkinson WVS 50 Tremelo

What's Hot
I have just purchased a Wilkinson WVS50 after seeing a few things online [eg Pete Thorne] for a partscaster I am doing.
I expected the locking screw to be inside where the string comes through but it is behind. Are you supposed to wrap the string around the back of the locking screw or have I got it completely wrong and bought the wrong bridge?
I can't find any instructions online anywhere so can anyone help?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15262
    edited January 2022
    The WVS50 II is a non-locking vibrato. The hex head screws on top of each saddle are to clamp it in position once the intonation is set.

The strings thread through from the underside of the sustain block. They emerge between the locking screw and the two grub screws for saddle height adjustment.

If there is any string locking in the vibrato system, it will be at the machinehead end.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Ah thanks, so does a Wilkinson tremolo exist that locks via a grub screw as seen on Pete Thorn YouTube clip I mentioned?
    edited January 2022
    The product you are describing is not a WVS50 II. It is not currently illustrated in the JHS/Wilkinson website. I am unwilling to venture an answer without a proper look at the product.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes just had a look and can't find this.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GwzNJCCAM 
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1581
    edited January 2022
    The one he has is the Wilkinson WVS1302P.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    PhilKing said:
    The one he has is the Wilkinson WVS1302P.  
    Thank you for this.

The two grub screws set the saddle height. The mushroom-headed Allen screw clamps down the string. 

Raise the clamping screw a few turns. String and roughly tune the guitar. Tighten the clamping screws down onto their respective strings.

• I wish they'd release a version of this for freeflyte trems - to make them a little less crap :( 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    They were selling the saddles separately on the Wilkinson Reverb page for a while. I might ultimately get a set for my Gotoh 510
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBob said:
    They were selling the saddles separately on the Wilkinson Reverb page for a while. I might ultimately get a set for my Gotoh 510
    Aye, but they only have the offset ones now :(

https://reverb.com/uk/item/24879181-wilkinson-wls130-s-f-for-off-set-intonation