PRS Silver Sky SE - Where is it made?

What's Hot
Does anyone know where the PRS Silver Sky SE  are made? It seems like they avoid mentioning everywhere you're looking online...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11799
    Indonesia I believe. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited January 2022
    Indonesia and EDIT: not avoiding it and why would they? They've nothing to hide

https://prsguitars.com/news/story/prs_guitars_and_john_mayer_officially_introduce_the_long_awaited_prs_se_silver_sky

“This guitar is the product of planetary alignment,” said Jack Higginbotham, COO of PRS Guitars. “John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details; PT CORT Indonesia has all the skill, enthusiasm, and courage to take on large-scale manufacturing; and our own guitar making is sophisticated enough to collaboratively design an instrument that is both complementary to original Silver Sky but also uniquely itself. All this comes at a time when guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers. We have had amazing experiences with the SE Silver Sky ourselves, and it feels wonderful to share those with guitar players around the world.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    Does anyone know where the PRS Silver Sky SE  are made? It seems like they avoid mentioning everywhere you're looking online...
    Cort factory Indonesia. Its literally printed on the back of the headstock. Its like chapter and verse on the back of those things. Check peach guitars images.

I believe the reason is that PRS feel if they are so transparent with who makes the SE range, it promotes some sort of extra pride in the job that factory is doing. Sure I heard that on a PRS video somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4669
    It says Indonesia on the back, which isn't really avoiding a mention is it.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4669
    Why.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    They SAY Indonesia but I'm not so sure.
    It could be a conspiracy.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Maybe they’re sneakily making them in the USA…?

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    Sassafras said:
    Imagine that...

"This thing is hideously overpriced crap... can't believe Cort made this..." and it turns out it's a Gibson...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Aren’t they then shipped back to the states for final set up and QC? I remember them saying that back in the day as a key differentiator from other guitars that were coming out of WMI Korea at the time 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    Sassafras said:
    Yep, I think they’re subcontracting them to Gibson to make sure the quality isn’t better than Maryland products ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11799
    Adamski said:
    Aren’t they then shipped back to the states for final set up and QC? I remember them saying that back in the day as a key differentiator from other guitars that were coming out of WMI Korea at the time 
    Yes, for the US stock at least, I’m not sure for European stock or other regions.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I own two PRS SE guitars, and they are beautifully made. It doesn't matter where they are being constructed - PRS QC makes sure they are superb. 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Kebabkid said:

https://prsguitars.com/news/story/prs_guitars_and_john_mayer_officially_introduce_the_long_awaited_prs_se_silver_sky

“This guitar is the product of planetary alignment,” said Jack Higginbotham, COO of PRS Guitars. “John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details; PT CORT Indonesia has all the skill, enthusiasm, and courage to take on large-scale manufacturing; and our own guitar making is sophisticated enough to collaboratively design an instrument that is both complementary to original Silver Sky but also uniquely itself. All this comes at a time when guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers. We have had amazing experiences with the SE Silver Sky ourselves, and it feels wonderful to share those with guitar players around the world.”
    Is that a google automatic translation from e.g. Indonesian? :)

I hope it is cos otherwise what a load a’ twaddle :   
    “…uniquely itself…” what on Earth does that mean?
    ”… guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers …” …hmmmmmm?  You might mean the market for guitars might be increasing, but I doubt there are any guitar players, single or collective, that are really hoping that PRS provide ever more “musical solutions” !?
    don’t you just love marketing speak.  

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    sev112 said:
    Kebabkid said:

Is that a google automatic translation from e.g. Indonesian? :)

I hope it is cos otherwise what a load a’ twaddle :   
    “…uniquely itself…” what on Earth does that mean?
    ”… guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers …” …hmmmmmm?  You might mean the market for guitars might be increasing, but I doubt there are any guitar players, single or collective, that are really hoping that PRS provide ever more “musical solutions” !?
    don’t you just love marketing speak.  

Might be. It's off the PRS website. 
    Who cares as the answer to the post is Indonesia :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Adamski said:
    Esp ltd (their 1000 series range that I’ve bought have had US qc stickers on them), and Balaguer I know do this. 

Means very little tbh.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Let's hope Cort's Indonesian workers are treated better than their Korean ones were, and they haven't just offshored the production to get around the unions and the rules.

https://unitelive.org/cort-guitar-makers-international/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    edited January 2022
    It’s hilarious to describe a Strat clone as being “uniquely itself”!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7027
    "John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details".
    Just as well it's not a Prince Andrew model.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Let's hope Cort's Indonesian workers are treated better than their Korean ones were, and they haven't just offshored the production to get around the unions and the rules.

https://unitelive.org/cort-guitar-makers-international/
    Wow , I hadn’t heard that.I’ve got a Cort Earth Mini and one of the reasons I bought it was I thought that they were one of the good guys :-(
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    BillDL said:
    "John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details".
    Just as well it's not a Prince Andrew model.
    They couldn’t rout it for a HRH pickup configuration any more either. 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom