Saw for cutting guitar tailpiece studs.

What's Hot

Can anyone recommend a hand saw fir cutting the studs of a guitar tailpiece. 

Bought a wilkinson wraparound bridge but found out that the studs are too long, cannot remove the inserts as they look to have been glued in. 
Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    Eclipse Junior Hacksaw.

Incredibly simple and reliable professional quality tool.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Eclipse Junior Hacksaw.

Incredibly simple and reliable professional quality tool.
    Thanks, is this the right one 

https://www.toolstation.com/eclipse-junior-hacksaw/p30695
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    musicalstash said:

Thanks, is this the right one 
    Yes - don't be put off by the low price and apparently crude design - it's a proper professional tool that's been made almost exactly the same for decades or even longer, because it's perfect... I don't know when they were designed, but it might be pre-WWII.

The genius is in the simplicity - originally they were literally just a single bent steel rod, the blade was held by slots at the ends, but that meant the ends of the blade stuck out and it was easy to cut yourself on them, so they added the two tubes so the ends are held inside.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein