SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1983 Squier JV Stratocaster £630

What's Hot
floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 170
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
Hello everyone,

Here I have my JV Strat from 1983.  I believe it’s an SST-45 model from the information that I have. 

The guitar has seen quite a bit of action through its 39 year life and as such there are a fair amount of scratches and dings on various parts of the guitar, but none that have gone through to the wood.  I have no personal issue with the cosmetic appearance, but it’s certainly no case queen. On the topic of cosmetic appearance, I don’t think the plastics are original, the covers and knobs seem too new. 

The important things (I believe) are all present and correct.  The pickups are original as are the pots and work as they should, the wiring I also believe to be unchanged, or so it looks to me.  

The neck does have a coupe of marks, which you can feel, but didn’t bother me and are towards the heel. 

The reason for sale is that this is my last attempt at having a strat.  They’re just not for me and this one has quite the skinny neck which my hands just aren’t dealing with very well.  

Collection only for this as I wish the buyer to look it over and be happy with the cosmetic condition.  From a few feet away it looks great, but up close you can see the various scars from it’s time. Not the worst I’ve seen, but I’d like the person to be totally ok with it. 

All and any questions please feel free to ask! 
I do have a hardcase for it so no problems with carrying it away. 

Trades: Squier classic vibe jag or Jazzmaster with cash my way as ideally would like a sale 

£630 SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lovely guitar! I have one of a similar age, otherwise I'd be tempted. The finish on mine is in way worse condition than yours though!

GLWTS!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I'd rather have one of these over a new usa strat..... So much character, glwts
  • Thanks @Strangefan and @AntonHunter its just a guitar that didn’t work out how I wanted and hope someone else can have a better time of it than me. 
  • Price dropped to £660 bump 
  • I need this hopefully gone so only for members on here £630. 
  • I thought this would have got a touch more interest and have I priced it totally wrong bump?
  • photekphotek Frets: 1495
    It’s priced extremely well. I’ve had my one for nearly 30 years, considering I usually keep guitars for about 30 hours should show how good these can be :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photek said:
    It’s priced extremely well. I’ve had my one for nearly 30 years, considering I usually keep guitars for about 30 hours should show how good these can be :)
    Thanks for that. If all else fails I’ll keep it perhaps refinish it. 
  • Amazed this hasn't gone.
    I think if it was local I'd prob be playing it by now :-) 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1309
    edited January 2022
    Just in case - I'm after trading my 2020 Tokai Japan strat...near perfect but the neck is too chunky for me.
    I've PM'd you a few more details in case that could work out somehow - hope that's OK.
    No hassle at all, just a vague idea - if I hadn't just bought mine, would jump at this.

Edit: Thanks @floeighty2 for getting back to me.

Sadly, it wasn't to be this time.
    If I manage to shift mine and this is still here, will be in touch - this is a lovely guitar...good luck! 
  • Can nobody give me a home bump? 

Anybody want to trade? I’d take complete swaps instead of part now as the poor thing is just sitting in it’s case.  Always partial to telecasters and as mentioned, no strats for me. Thanks! 
  • Great looking guitar. It.would nicely match my JV Telecaster...

But I only have acoustics to trade. Those JVs really are excellent and good luck with the sale! 
  • ParkaParka Frets: 11
    Fantastic price for this - really surprised no one has snapped it up. 

I’ve got 2 JV Strats and fear of divorce is the only thing stopping me thinking that having another one would make perfect sense. E standard, E flat, drop D…. 

• Thanks guys. I’m surprised I haven’t had more interest if I do say so myself!