Hand buffing/polishing compound recommendations?

What's Hot
I’m about to start the final wet sanding and polishing of a second neck and body I’ve finished with nitro rattle cans. I completed the first a few weeks ago and did the final buffing and polishing with Turtle Wax scratch repair and renew I got from Halfords :-) I actually achieved a pretty decent result but I’m sure there are better products to use! Can anyone give me some recommendations? I’ll be doing it by hand as I don’t have a buffing wheel. Ideally something I can get hold of fairly quickly - don’t really want to have to order from Stewmac or others overseas.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17495
    Farcela, Maguiars, auto gym.

They all do pretty decent compounds that will work well and go a beyond ordinary T-cut.

I'm currently using Farcela G3 and G10.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    I use ferecla g3 as the cutting compound and you can break it down further using a damp cloth, then I use 3m finesse it 

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • FlipFlip Frets: 68
    Meguiars for me, too.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    G3 then Maguires ultimate compound for me
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    I also use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound.  Much more gentle than many cutting polishes - so much so that it doesn't act like a cutting polish.

And for the final sparkle, then I sometimes finish off with Meguiar's Carnauba Wax...sometimes just for the smell ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom