Struggling to find machine head washers

What's Hot
I have a couple of guitars needing washers on their tuners. I ordered a set from Axesrus but they don't fit any of my guitars, the internal holes in these new ones are 4mm but looks like I need 4.5mm or 5/32". Everywhere else I've looked either say 4mm or say nothing at all.
One of the guitars in question has Grover tuners (Rotomatics?) but I don't know which model.

Any idea where I can get these?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    AllParts bass washers have 5mm ID
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
     said:
    AllParts bass washers have 5mm ID
    That would be too big. The opposite problem! Those ones are 7.5mm outside diameter so would be wider than the post and would look odd.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20586
    So about 4.5mm internal, but what outside diameter & thickness are you after?
    So about 4.5mm internal, but what outside diameter & thickness are you after?
    6/6.5mm OD. It was a mixed set of white nylon washers and black metal washers. According to Axesrus the nylon ones are 1.4mm thick, the metal ones 0.5mm.
    FFS! Just found a box of bits in the loft! And some of those bits are a set of tuners I took off a guitar years ago...
    And the washers fit the guitars I want to sort out.
    Wish I'd remembered these before I ordered the new ones. 
    Ah well, sorted now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20586
    Great. Saved me getting the calipers out again :lol: 
  • Looks like the OP is sorted now, but when I needed some of those plastic washers for Grover tuners I emailed Grover asking if they sold spares or where I could get some and they sent me a bag of them for nothing. Amazing service, specially as they were on a 30 year old guitar so it was hardly a warranty issue. I was extremely impressed. 
    Looks like the OP is sorted now, but when I needed some of those plastic washers for Grover tuners I emailed Grover asking if they sold spares or where I could get some and they sent me a bag of them for nothing. Amazing service, specially as they were on a 30 year old guitar so it was hardly a warranty issue. I was extremely impressed. 
    Oo! Good to know.