SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Aria Pro II - The CAT - Super Stratish - think Kramer Baretta!

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
edited February 2022 in Guitars £

SOLD - Aria Pro II 'The Cat' - £150 now £110 (or £120 posted)
I bought this guitar as a bit of a nostalgia trip a while back - it took me back to 1987 when I got one of these brand new for Christmas and I was keen to go down memory lane. These really are great fun guitars and although I'd love to keep it, I've slightly overspent on guitar bits recently so I'm offering it up for sale...

Spec:
Back in the 80s Aria really were a big name in Japanese guitar manufacturing (though I believe this model was MIK). As you'll see from the pictures, this one has a very stripped back approach featuring:
- Pseudo Strat body styling with some very stylish and aggressive edges to the horns
- Bolt on maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- 6 inline unbranded tuners
- 'Act Ex' trem bridge
- Single angled bridge humbucker
- Single volume control and surface mounted jack socket
- finished in candy apple red

Condition
When I got this guitar it had been neglected for a number of years, so although it had minimal damage and wear, it wasn't in the best playing condition. Since then it's had:
- a full fret level, reprofile and polish, including reprofiling the fret ends for a nice smooth feel
- a full set up resulting in a nice low playing action, good tuning and intonation
- overall clean and everything working perfectly
- the overly long saddle screws ground back so they no longer protrude above the saddles making for more comfortable palm muting
As such this guitar now feels and plays as well as it ever did - probably better than when it left the factory.
General condition is excellent and the body is great with a super shiny finish - there are a few small bits where the paint has flaked off: a 6 mm bit by the upper horn and a couple of 2mm bits near the bottom edge, but other than this it's virtually unmarked. The neck has a few tiny indentations that can be felt under the hand and the headstock is excellent.
Unfortunately the guitar is missing its trem arm, but this is a great chance to get a classic 80s guitar, in excellent condition and very well set up.

I have plenty of packing, so although it doesn't have a case, it can be packed for posting at cost.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments