And for any Humble Pie fans out there...this is just amazing!

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
edited September 2013 in Music

Been looking for years for film of the Pie in the 'Rock On' period with Peter Frampton totin' his 54 Les Paul (Ala the 'Performance'  era) and stone me, just found this on youtube posted up 3 months ago. I'd almost given up any hope that such footage would appear:

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thanks - great band. 

Performance was a great album "we go 'ome on Monday but we really had a gas this time...".  "Four Day Creep" and their version of "Halleleujah I love her" so are classic.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WOW what a fantastic find @equalsql, thanks for sharing it.  That really is down memory lane and then some.

I bought a customised white Les Paul Custom from Steve Marriott in the early 70s, nearly broke the bank for a poor kid like me.
    Now i am playing again, I so want one back.

Just as well it wasn't Peters '54 Custom, imagine the cost to replace that !!!

Thank heaven for YouTube and the wonderful archive of material gathered by great people around the globe, and a few good souls posting it on here too, cheers  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    What a Band. Thanks so much for sharing.
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
    edited September 2013
    I bought a customised white Les Paul Custom from Steve Marriott in the early 70s
     Now that's a story worthy of its own thread....
  • Thanks for posting the Pie clip Sequel. You know how much I love Marriott - this sent me on a Youtube Small Faces/Pie odyssey last night so cheers! As was said above... what a band.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

edited September 2013

Until this clip came along the only other video of the Pie at this time in their careers was this low-quality home-tape reminent of 'Walk On Gilded Splinters' that looks like it might come from the same show (though Peter's shirt looks different).  At the time it was like finding the Dead-Sea scrolls so this new footage is a revelation. Just hope more of this TV session still exists and someone posts it up B-) 

• More for Pie fans - Amazon are advertising a 4CD updated version of "Rockin the Fillmore" to be released this month.

More live Pie (guess some of you have seen these though) - the BBC clip of great, the sound guy must have been dying given the apparent stage volume..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    More for Pie fans - Amazon are advertising a 4CD updated version of "Rockin the Fillmore" to be released this month,

Thanks for the info on the updated version. Definitley one for Pie die-hard fans (i.e. like me) 
    :)
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Wow. A great clip and a great find. I saw Humble Pie at Leeds Town Hall on the 10th March 1971 (supported by Comus). I don't know what went wrong (it was a Wednesday night) but there were about 40 people in the place and half of us were up in the balcony. Marriott  came on stage, looked around the hall, and then up at us, and said: Guys - You are too spread out! Everybody get down here! - Now! So we all moved into the front 2 rows of Leeds Town Hall and they played a storming gig!