'Roadworn' dome knurled Tele knobs for Gibbo LP & Firebird

What's Hot
Needed to fit on long and short split shaft pots. Either black or aged brass. Can anyone hook me up or point in the right direction?

Cheers.
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15262
    The proper, knurled metal Fender Telecaster and P Bass control knobs are intended to be fitted to solid shaft pots and held in place by a grub screw.

Gibson pots usually have split/splined shafts to accept push-on plastic control knobs.

It is possible to use a brass adapter ring over the splines but there is no guarantee that your chosen metal knobs will fit over the adapters.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • @Funkfingers Thanks, appreciate the reply, I'm sure there was a UK manufacturer making what I'm after, I'll keep looking.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    I think @Graingerguitars is the uk manufacturer you’re thinking of.

But I’m pretty sure they’ll be for solid shaft pots only, in which case you’ll need the conversion sleeves that @Funkfingers refers to. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • @sixstringsupplies Yep, Grainger were indeed the manufacturer, I'll have to take a chance on the sleeve/knob combo. Thanks for jogging my memory.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    @sixstringsupplies Yep, Grainger were indeed the manufacturer, I'll have to take a chance on the sleeve/knob combo. Thanks for jogging my memory.
    The sleeves are great - but be warned - once they get used on the inside of a “solid shaft control knob” they’re right buggers to get out. So if you ever decide to change, you'll need new knobs and new sleeves.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @sixstringsupplies Yep, Grainger were indeed the manufacturer, I'll have to take a chance on the sleeve/knob combo. Thanks for jogging my memory.
    The sleeves are great - but be warned - once they get used on the inside of a “solid shaft control knob” they’re right buggers to get out. So if you ever decide to change, you'll need new knobs and new sleeves.
    Noted with thanks.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    tFB Trader
    Nah, you just remove the set screw and use a very thin screwdriver to push in/crush the sleeve and wriggle it out. A bit fiddly but saves having to buy new knobs if you change to solid shaft pots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Nah, you just remove the set screw and use a very thin screwdriver to push in/crush the sleeve and wriggle it out. A bit fiddly but saves having to buy new knobs if you change to solid shaft pots.
    An engineer's scribe does the job nicely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom