Deleting messages from the 'Activity wall'

What's Hot
I have had a few messages inadvertently posted to my 'activity wall' instead of PM'ing me.
On attempting to delete them (clicking on the 'X'), the page then 'hangs' & displays this message 

Force reloading the page clears the hang & the message. 
Mac OS 10.14.6,  Safari.
Is this another 'feature'  ;)
Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Click the X, wait for the error message to come up, then reload. You should find it gone. At least it's just deleted something on my wall doing that. 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    ^ Thanks, that's my solution too. It just seems a bit odd to have to force a reload rather than just letting a process conclude.
  • ^ Thanks, that's my solution too. It just seems a bit odd to have to force a reload rather than just letting a process conclude.
    Sounds similar to IVF. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Thanks, that's my solution too. It just seems a bit odd to have to force a reload rather than just letting a process conclude.
    Sounds similar to IVF. 
    I have been there too...  :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Laughing at the face more than the tribulations of IVF. Something I'll never experience as I'll never have kids.  

Laughing at the face more than the tribulations of IVF. Something I'll never experience as I'll never have kids.  
    You aren't alone... Keep laughing :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited February 2022
    I had this happen to me but I did remove it by tapping the X. I tapped it and a box appeared with a strobing inner line. I'm on android mobile btw  
  • Serious question: does anyone use the Activity Wall for anything other than incorrectly sending a PM?  Is there any way it can be switched off?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Serious question: does anyone use the Activity Wall for anything other than incorrectly sending a PM?  Is there any way it can be switched off?
    Isn't it really there for the profile owner's use? I doubt it can be turned off, or if it can I've no idea how :) 
    Mellish said:
    I had this happen to me but I did remove it by tapping the X. I tapped it and a box appeared with a strobing inner line. I'm on android mobile btw  
    Yes, this is what happened, but the 'strobing box' & message just stay there on the screen until a reload was forced.
    I would have expected it to reset automatically.
    Not a big deal, but you don't find out if this is a common thing or not, until you ask  ;)
    Mellish said:
    Yes, this is what happened, but the 'strobing box' & message just stay there on the screen until a reload was forced.
    I would have expected it to reset automatically.
    Not a big deal, but you don't find out if this is a common thing or not, until you ask  ;)
    It did disappear automaticallyforme.I feel awful now, that it should for arelatively new member but not amore established one  ;)
    ^ Probably just an OS/add on thing :+1: 
    I like it that most people are not having problems  :3
    But if we do, it's good that we can ask for help from others. That's how we learn and that's part of the beauty of TFB :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mellish said:
    Serious question: does anyone use the Activity Wall for anything other than incorrectly sending a PM?  Is there any way it can be switched off?
    Isn't it really there for the profile owner's use? I doubt it can be turned off, or if it can I've no idea how :) 
    Exactly my point.  I don't think I've ever seen it used by the profile owner, only by people who use it to send a 'private' message which isn't actually private - and which sometimes contains personal info.  @digitalscream ?

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Mellish said:
    Exactly my point.  I don't think I've ever seen it used by the profile owner, only by people who use it to send a 'private' message which isn't actually private - and which sometimes contains personal info.  @digitalscream ?

Honestly? It's a dumb, useless bit of functionality that's better off in the bin. Pulling it out isn't a small job, though, so it hasn't been a priority.
    <space for hire>
  • Fair enough.  Cheers, Lee.

• i have some Huge pics (which were mine) but by changing my profile phot they turned up on the activity wall. I can't select them to delete them- It hasn't happened before like this. 'I probably pressed a wrong button' said Mr Biden to Mr Putin........
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    Don't worry about it, I had a PM put on my activity wall by mistake and it disappeared on its own after eight years or so. 
    :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    i have some Huge pics (which were mine) but by changing my profile phot they turned up on the activity wall. I can't select them to delete them- It hasn't happened before like this. 'I probably pressed a wrong button' said Mr Biden to Mr Putin........
    Have you tried switching from mobile to full site, if that’s what you’re viewing on? Some features only work on the full fat site, like deleting drafts.