Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @PedalPostBlog ; Hi! Glad to learn that you intend to get involved in discussions. Welcome aboard :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Mellish thanks. Honestly I just don't use forums all that much, so didn't automatically come here for any pedal advice I might need in the past. But I do like how the forum is organised and it's easy to get to the kind of discussion you're after. 
    @PedalPostBlog ; how often you visit is your business mate. Same with posting. You can post often, rarely or just watch. No-one will find fault with that. But whatever you do, enjoy :+1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did your username come from?

Don't think I need to answer that one!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Royston, Hertfordshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To finally finish and mix one of the many compositions I have generated in the last 30+ years!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Right now: Mayones Regius Core 7 string

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

I can't. I just can't. I don't even have a favourite artist!

@jasonbone75 ; welcome to TFB. Plenty to read or why not post or create a new thread? Admins/Mods are in New Members if you need them. Enjoy! :) 
  • NilleNille Frets: 2

Hi folks, 

Joined a few days ago so thought I'd say hi.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Childhood nick name

Scotland

Progress and musical diversity

PRS McCarty 594

A Perfect Circle - Weak and Powerless

@Nille ; - is Hi there and welcome to TFB. Admin/Mods are listed in New Members, should you need their help. Enjoy! :) 
  • LetitzLetitz Frets: 1
    edited February 2022
    Hi, i've just joined and would like to introduce myself.. i've been playing for quite a while and I'd say my favourite track for guitar is Vital Juices by Funkadelic...i don't really have a best piece of gear but my strat is always within reach and easy to play around on. I'm based in Southampton and my musical ambition right now is to create a track that really reflects me and where i'm at atm.
  • Funkadelic - great band!!! - Welcome to the forum.

@Letitz ; - Hi! Welcome to TFB. You'll find Admin/Mods in New Members, should you get stuck, just scroll down, click on one and send your message. Hope to see you joining in with the discussions. Enjoy :) 
  • hi
    bit late to introducing myself, daily user and horrifically addicted to buying new guitars, yet spending zero time practicing

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

nick name from school!

northants/cambs border, uk

play the perfect pinch harmonic a la zakk wylde/warren de martini !!

ooh - charvel san dimas custom shop

too hard - at the moment, Highway Jones by Cry of Love - the riff!!

@Jimmyeds ; - Hi! Welcome to TFB. You'll find plenty to read, discussions to add comments to and, if you need them, Admin/Mods are in New Members, just scroll down. Enjoy! :) 
  • PaullyPaully Frets: 2
    Hi all, just joined. I'm doing more repairs, mods and builds at the moment than playing but still want to get better on the guitar. I've just taken on learning theory to help the ageing brain. I'm into rockabilly, R'n'R, R&B, blues, West Coast, psychedelia and classic rock.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Oh, just inspired I guess... Seriously, it's my name.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Somerset UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Understand what Cliff Gallup did and be able to play his stuff.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Heavily modded Epiphone Sheraton. The tailpiece is original. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Any of Cliff Gallup's with Gene Vincent. Who Slapped John comes to mind, for no particular reason, maybe the energy of the whole track.

• henno32henno32 Frets: 3
    Hi There, 

i'm David and i live in Chester. I've joined the forums as i'm trying to some sell some old amazing gear to share the love to fellow musicians. all the best, D
    edited March 2022
    @henno32 ; - Hi and welcome to TFB. If you need Admin/Mods, you'll find then in New Members. Good luck with any gear-selling in Classifieds 1
    @Paully ; - Hi! Welcome to TFB. If a luthier, maybe put up some photos of builds? That'll get our attention :) 
  • PaullyPaully Frets: 2
    Mellish said:
    @Paully ; - Hi! Welcome to TFB. If a luthier, maybe put up some photos of builds? That'll get our attention :) 

Thanks! No, I'm just a hack, definitely not a luthier. I have various builds on the go from a few different body and neck companies, including some very nice USACG and Musikraft items. I have lots of excuses for not getting on with my own projects, between the day job, and repairs for other people. And long covid was a lost 18 months but thankfully that's sorted now. I'll definitely post something of my own when I have something complete. After two repairs and a refinish already lined up... =)
  • How’s it going? Just thought I’d drop in and see what’s happening? I’m not sure what to say on these things so I’ll give it a go.. been playing for 20’odd years with some sort of degree of success compared to when I first held a guitar
    @Risky.debacle ; - Hi and welcome to TFB. Hope to see you posting :) 
  • Thanks.. I had answered the questions and wrote a bit more but the computer obviously wasn’t having any of it lol..