SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Musicman st Vincent HH - repaired - £1200 ono

What's Hot
dombennisondombennison Frets: 128
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
Sadly parting with my Musicman St Vincent HH. It’s a stunning guitar and I love almost everything about it, I’m just struggling with the neck shape - my old 335 was more of what I need.
It is in great condition but had a headstock repair at Andertons before it was ever sold  from new. It’s a great repair - very very hard to tell where it is and I can’t feel it on the neck. To me, it doesn’t look to have gone all the way through, perhaps just a crack rather than a full break. 
The satin roasted maple neck finish is stunning - super smooth and slick. The pickups are clear and articulate without ever being harsh. It has a much more vintage voice than you’d expect from a guitar with these looks!
Comes with the Musicman fitted hard case. Due to the repair, it’s heavily discounted. I’m looking for £1200 ono. Open to trades, particularly for Gibsons or gibson-style guitars - semi hollow and SGs in particular. 
Can be collected from Garforth, near Leeds, U.K. or I’m happy to ship at buyers cost.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
    edited March 2022
    This is such a gorgeous guitar. I only sold it because financial pressure meant I needed the cash more than a guitar. 

This was my first real experience with Music Man and the first things you discover are that no one makes a neck that feels like this and no one makes a deeper sparkle finish either. The neck and really the whole feel of the guitar is definitely more Fender than Gibson. The sound is definitely more vintage Gibson than Fender. And it really does have a soulful, old school sound despite its futuristic looks. 

GLWTS old bean  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2272
    Gorgeous, I love the St.V shape.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8347
    I was with @dazzajl when he bought this.  We had spend a day shopping, went to two (maybe three guitar shops - distant fizzy memory, though I remember the parking ticket I receive just fine).  I bought a Vintara tele Custom in Fiesta red that wouldn’t stop staring at me. Really not my colour, but it just kept staring at me….

Of all the guitars we played that day, the best by a country mile was this MusicMan St Vincent.  It stood head and shoulders above every other guitar we picked up, and that included many much more expensive custom models. 

Its fabulous. Plays beautifully, pickups are excellent, and it’s great for getting moobs out of the way too!

Stonking guitar! And a fantastic deep blue finish, but like staring into the cosmos. 

Damn cool guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom