Admin / Mod Interventions

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Wiresdreamsdisasters is having a break. 

Relationship status with the fretboard: It’s complicated
    15reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
    Gilly and Bloodeagle are in the cooler for a week.

Having both been warned very recently under the new Rule 2 regime for comments towards Poopot, they both decided to lol-stalk a post he made in the modmin appreciation thread. 

Straight to part 2 then - 1 week in the cooler. And like we said, there will be none of this rules-lawyering either, it was lol-stalking as nobody else found the comment funny, and it was blatant carrying over of an argument. 

The modmins have discussed this issue - and let us be very clear - Lol-stalking is against Rule 2. End of. It's an insidious, poor taste, cowardly way of trying to get a point across or getting the boot in. It stops now, or the cooler will be a busy place. 

And whilst we are at it, let me reiterate what Lee said in thread. No "dancing on the grave" type comments of any sort anywhere on the forum or you'll probably find it's straight to the cooler. That applies to any lol-stalking or subtle digs at anyone posting positive comments about any previous members as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Bloodeagle is in the cooler for 2 weeks. 

Rule 2 applies by email as well (did we not mention that?) and emailing admin@thefretboard post-coolering to get your "sad little man" comment in will move you to the next level of sanctions. 

That's one away from a parma-ban. If Bloodeagle is reading this, I'd recommend emailing a comment about a small penis, or some sort of sexual inadequacy of some kind next for variety, which should seal the perma-ban completely if suicide by modmin is your intention. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Rule 2 applies by email as well (did we not mention that?) and emailing admin@thefretboard post-coolering to get your "sad little man" comment in will move you to the next level of sanctions. 
    Just to add to this...the point is that we're people too, and nastiness aimed at us is no different to nastiness aimed at any other member. Sure, we'll think about it a bit longer just to make sure we're not just taking things personally, but the result will almost certainly be the same as a Rule #2 break anywhere else on the site.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8684
    The “FS soon: Major collection of guitars, amps, pedals, P.A. & rack gear” thread has been removed. Our Classifieds rules are clear that we require asking prices on all items. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gilly is out of the cooler.
    <space for hire>
    “Germany” thread closed.

Warnings issued. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • @andyp is taking a bit of a break.
    <space for hire>
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    GoatBhoy banned for a duplicate membership, but as initial application was unused allowed newer persona to exist
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • User jacob banned for being WiresDreamDisasters. For someone who told us to "stick your poxy website", he really seems to want to be here...
    <space for hire>
    42reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26559
    edited February 2022
    Mason Greenwood thread removed. For more context and an explanation, please see here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/mason-greenwood-man-utd-arrest-b2004929.html
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Poopot's having a week off.
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JustGiving thread exiled (those who were involved will know). Much evidence has come to light that this was not necessarily on the up-and-up (nothing to do with the member who posted it, and everything to do with the recipient of the money).

My first reaction was, "Be kind, don't be assholes about it". However, at this point I have to hold my hands up and admit that - based on the evidence I was sent after that - I got it wrong.

Apologies to everyone in the thread.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Poopot's having a week off.
    Back in the room.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8684
    Today we’ve had to close a For Sale thread because of repeated price discussion. 

Ladies and gentlemen, please remember that we do not allow harassment in For Sale threads. Harassment includes price criticism and derailing comments. If you want to discuss your personal aspirations about our Classifieds section, or vent your emotions about people who are willing to spend more than you would, then take it elsewhere. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Poopot's back in the cooler, under Rule #2.
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Off topic discussion of a personal nature removed at the OP’s request.
    TINMAN82 has left the building.

In a bit of a tizz, I might add.
    <space for hire>
    5reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TINMAN82 has left the building.

In a bit of a tizz, I might add.
    ...and, having been on a mostly-voluntary break, he's now transitioned into a permanent ban, having attempted to create an alternate profile.
    <space for hire>
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    <space for hire>
    44reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.