New section for the war?

What's Hot
Given that the Ukraine war is probably the (potentially) most dangerous thing to happen to the planet for years, even surpassing COVID, should we have a separate section?  At least until the nukes start flying?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23923
    Why?

It will be even less well informed than the C19 thread.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Because lots of people come into places like this to avoid temporarily the stress of constantly reading headlines and thread titles

yes please, put it somewhere like we did with COVID 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Can we just rename the Covid section something like The World Has Gone To Shit and put the war Discussions in there? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    It seems that most war threads get moved to P&E.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Emp_Fab said:
    Given that the Ukraine war is probably the (potentially) most dangerous thing to happen to the planet for years, even surpassing COVID, should we have a separate section?  At least until the nukes start flying?
    How about a separate forum? You know, one NOT related to guitars and music…
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    War-room forum
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Contrary to received wisdom, I'm not sure tFB is, in fact, the entirety of life, nor does it need to cater for the entirety of life. We already have a good array of topics within which to spout ill-informed bollocks on pretty much anything we want. I'm not sure there's any need to add yet another area for us all to get our kicks navel-gazing and winding ourselves up on subjects most of us know fuck all about, whilst probably annoying those who might have actual skin in the game.

So, er, that would be a "no" from me. I'm sure there are plenty of other outlets ready-made for such discussions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Please use the Politics & Economics section for such discussions.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Snags said:
    Contrary to received wisdom, I'm not sure tFB is, in fact, the entirety of life, nor does it need to cater for the entirety of life. We already have a good array of topics within which to spout ill-informed bollocks on pretty much anything we want. I'm not sure there's any need to add yet another area for us all to get our kicks navel-gazing and winding ourselves up on subjects most of us know fuck all about, whilst probably annoying those who might have actual skin in the game.

So, er, that would be a "no" from me. I'm sure there are plenty of other outlets ready-made for such discussions.

Agreed.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    Basically, no.

For more detail, see the posts from @Snags and @Roland .
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5834
    viz said:
    War-room forum
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 938
    Another No from me....I come here to try and forget the trauma's of life and stress of world politics.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    Why?

That's not actually possible. 

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Come and join us over on discord emp… today we’ve discussed the war, homoerotic dreams and regrets about not having an all male threeway… 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    It would be OK if it was like p&e and you could totally ignore it if you liked. I often forget p&e is even there. Which is nice.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Emp_Fab said:
    should we have a separate section?
    IMO, there should not be a separate war Discussion section. 

What difference would a bunch of British guitar enthusiasts, opining on a foreign conflict, actually make?

Probably about as much as Weimar cabaret satire did to prevent the rise of the Third Reich and the outbreak of WW2.

Disapproving in writing of the deeds of Vladimir Putin and his cronies will change precisely nowt.
    Be seeing you.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Can this thread be moved to Off Topic, please.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4287
    edited March 2022
    Why?

This. 

That board pretty much turned into a private argument between a few members with opposing opinions, who are still at it. 

Add in the odd eejit posting conspiracy theories and it ended up being the waste of server space it is now. 

I don’t see how a war board would be any different. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    can we just have a general war forum? 

We can discuss our favourite wars, the best war films, why Alexander the Great wasn't as good as Rommel, how best to ambush tanks and how we would have handled the sacking of Constantinople. 

also...

pew pew. You're dead

no I'm not

yes you are, I shot you.  You have to count to ten.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    Emp_Fab said:
    should we have a separate section?
    IMO, there should not be a separate war Discussion section. 

What difference would a bunch of British guitar enthusiasts, opining on a foreign conflict, actually make?

Probably about as much as Weimar cabaret satire did to prevent the rise of the Third Reich and the outbreak of WW2.

Disapproving in writing of the deeds of Vladimir Putin and his cronies will change precisely nowt.
    Not true.

In just a few weeks we might all be thankful of any advice we might get from the internet.  Everything from conscripting our loved ones into the forces to advice on escaping the country (when and where) and how to deal with the likely stresses of war on our doorstep.

Sure, we might not be able to do anything about Putin, but we may be thankful for any help for ourselves. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom