Ghost?

What's Hot
andy_kandy_k Frets: 834
New album launched, some really nice guitar stuff on there, this is the live launch.
I'm finding the guitars strangely retro, and surprisingly refreshing at the same time.
Back catalogue is well worth looking into.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    Fantastic album. Like the previous release a definite 80s vibe. 

Loads of Def Leppard, Toto, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi etc. 

Shame I can't make the gigs this time around. Took my sons to the last tour in 2019. Their first ever proper gig. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    Haven't heard it yet, but I will listen.

They're such a strange band, with the full-on heavy metal image and lyrics, but much of the music is pure pop.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 834
    I like the effort this guy has put in to learning ALL the guitar parts, no mean feat, and he's NOT a Nameless Ghoul, apparently.
    Definitely some stuff to learn here though, and he has his work cut out with the new stuff.

• MrTeeMrTee Frets: 569
    Never need much of an excuse to share this.....

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5409
    Tobias has a background in death metal and glam rock.
    Saw their second gig. The first was the night before at hammer of doom, then they played live evil. Wish I'd geabbed a copy of Elizabeth when it came out
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5215
    edited March 2022
    Quite like Ghost and the new single was great, the latest one has a real black album vibe. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Never heard them. I always retreat from bands with costumes/make-up, I absolutely can't stand that stuff. Having said that I'm now a bit intrigued so I'll probably check out the video later. 
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Listening to Impera as I type. Definitely their most stadium rock effort. I really like it, great guitar album. All the songs very catchy. 

this was ther/his second gig 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    Probably my favourite band of recent years. Some absolutely cracking music. But I also love that the band doesn't take itself so seriously; lots of humour. 

Including its long-running YouTube series about the lore of the band which has charted the rise and fall of the different Papas.

• I've given the new album a listen, I've tried, but it's not for me. Just too polished and poppy for me; I'm really not a fan of 80's style stadium metal/rock. I don't quite get the whole image and character thing too. Each to their own, I can see how others would like them a lot. 
  • One of my favourite bands. Fredrik from Opeth played guitars on this album, performances are great all round
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2248
    Just saw them this weekend. I wasn't too keen on the new album when i listened, few good tracks but nothing special but they really translate well live. Fantastic show, great theatrics, pure entertainment.
    Interactions between the ghouls was the best bit :)
    Definatly worth seeing if you're able. They're an odd band and draw a very diverse range of people which was nice to see.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom