The Guitar Show 7th & 8th May 2022

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1103
in Guitar tFB Trader
Hello All

I thought I'd start a new thread about this year's show.

Welcome to The Guitar Show 2022, this will be a different show from the past ones. As we move through a post-Brexit world I've lost a lot of European companies, they can't find a way to get to the UK without huge amounts of paperwork. This isn't a "guitar industry" issue, this is an "every industry" issue. Apparently, the UK and EU are working on this to make it easier for Trade Shows, so 2023 should (fingers crossed) bring some of them back.

C'est la vie as we used to say ;-)

What has happened though is the UK makers have really come on board, with 35 new exhibiting companies, guitars, amps, pedals, accessories etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. The Exhibitor list is here

The Live Stage lineup is looking good - you can see it here, I have a couple more names to announce when I get the go-ahead. I've tried my best to make it so there is something for everyone. Plus we get one of the Fretboard's own with Neil Ivison playing with Ginger Wildheart & The Sinners.

The Masterclass stage will again be sponsored by Focusrite, with guests that will include Mike Exeter (Black Sabbath's producer) Aziz Ibrahim and Chris Buck. More details when I get them.

The noise policy which seemed to work quite well (a long 27 months ago) will again be in operation.

Tickets are available from The Ticket Factory here or on the door.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Hopefully, I will see you there.

Cheers

Jason

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Wow, less than 6 weeks to go! looking forward to it.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    edited March 2022
    Will be there on the Saturday - will be my son’s first guitar show 
    Red ones are better. 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    You always remember your first…
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    they can't find a way to get to the UK without huge amounts of paperwork

It's ridiculous, and the information about which hoops you need to jump through isn't easily accessible either. At present one option is the carnet, which costs £300 and requires you to list all items, get it stamped at customs and when the show is done bring everything listed on the carnet back. ie you can't sell anything!
    As for importing things to sell, paying duty and VAT going into the EU... then paying again to re-import stuff to the UK if it doesn't sell. It's basically impossible.
    I had signed-up for the Guitar Summit in Manheim this year, having decided to do it in 2020 (we know how that went) but it looks like it may be a no-go for me.

Rant over, I'm really looking forward to the Guitar Show this year! Did the show at Northampton yesterday and found I'd actually missed chatting about pedals and guitar stuff.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    I'll have a stand, as before - Sharing my stand this year with Tim who owns/runs Ted and Leo Guitars, so he will be exhibiting and representing Auden, Gordon Smith and I think Crimson

I'll have a far better idea of what I'm taking nearer the time - Might have 3 pack deals on Elixir and deals on Ernie Ball strings + Cable (those bright fluorescent ones) - Don't start the moaning yet, but dirt cheap string deals have now long gone - I've noticed even Amazon, for D'addario, are now over £15 and most actual shops are around £16-18 
    tFB Trader
    Might be warmer enough for shorts as well
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    edited March 2022
    Jason said:
    TimmyO said:
    You always remember your first…
    It’s true - guitar show noise PTSD stays with you! (Your show does more than any other I’ve been to to mitigate it - but it’s still a ‘special’ and indescribable sound - all that simultaneous talking and widdling! )
    Red ones are better. 
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Great work Jason, glad this is returning. I will of course be there with D'Addario and looking forward to catching up with everyone.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    So, after clicking about a bit, I think this is the info I was looking for...
    • Dates:  Saturday 7 - Sunday 8 May 2022
    • Opening times: 10:00 - 17:00 (both days)
    • Tickets (advance): £15 each + £2.50 (+ phone charges)
    • Tickets (on the door): £17.50 

tFB Trader
    Jason - Hope the 2 lads with the air horn will be there and ready to spring into action - The pleasure of silence
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 181
    I'll be on the Kool amplification stand demoing their awesome tube amps.

https://www.koolamplification.com/

Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Looking forward to it as always. Got the hotel booked in Perry Barr :)

Will there be a tFB stand this year too? If so, space to display homebuilds?

Cheers,
    Adam
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    We're headed over .. not exhibiting ourselves this year but looking forward to meeting up with any of you who are there. 
    Might have some discount codes and some freebies with us to leave at TFB stand  =)
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    tFB Trader
    Jason - Hope the 2 lads with the air horn will be there and ready to spring into action - The pleasure of silence
    Yep, Gareth and Mark will be on hand
    tFB Trader
    Hi

The Live Stage lineup is complete. I think I have a good mix of players and personalities this year.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    edited April 2022
    Kalimna said:
    Looking forward to it as always. Got the hotel booked in Perry Barr

Cheers,
    Adam
    There will be a tFB stand. I’m there Saturday. @Bridgehouse will be there Sunday. 

We are currently looking for members to help man the stand so that we can get meal and toilet breaks, and have time to walk around other members stands. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Great to see shows back again - is there anything for the vintage guitar nuts??
    tFB Trader
    Great to see shows back again - is there anything for the vintage guitar nuts??
    ATB have 2 stands at the show. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Roland said:
    Kalimna said:
    Looking forward to it as always. Got the hotel booked in Perry Barr

Cheers,
    Adam
    There will be a tFB stand. I’m there Saturday. @Bridgehouse will be there Sunday. 

We are currently looking for members to help man the stand so that we can get meal and toilet breaks, and have time to walk around other members stands. 
    I can ask Drew for you? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Anybody who's doing stands, please take boxes of oddments & parts for rummaging through.
    I'd be a bit disappointed to get there and just see walls of new Fender-a-likes.
    If Rotosound are going, don't forget your box of bass strings!