Unsubcribe from a specific thread?

What's Hot
Hi,
I want to stop getting notifications from a specific thread (the F1 Thread) as it's so busy I miss out on notifications from other things.  Is that possible?  I can't see how to do it other than to stop all of them which kind of defeats the object.
Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Just click on the star in the top right corner (when the thread's open) or next to the thread title in the list.  It'll be yellow if you're subscribed.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    To do this, I think you have to turn off notifications for your own threads, then in future add the threads you do want to get notified for as a Favourite/bookmark within the fretboard
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    The thread was started by fretwired. As @Philly_Q says, all you need to do is click the star, so that it’s no longer yellow.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    You can't if you've commented on the thread, as I've found out to my cost with the blasted 'word association' thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    Lebarque said:
    You can't if you've commented on the thread, as I've found out to my cost with the blasted 'word association' thread.
    Sure, you can - go to your notification preferences.
    <space for hire>
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Lebarque said:
    But I can't just turn off the notifications for that thread though? While still receiving notifications for other stuff.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    But I can't just turn off the notifications for that thread though? While still receiving notifications for other stuff.
    I have it set so that I have to manually subscribe to every thread I want notifications for - that's the only real way to do it with this software, unfortunately.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1104
    Thanks so far but still a little confused. I get notifications from anything I either start or comment on but when I look at my list of favourites it's only got the five or so that I've clicked the star for. I must be doing something wrong?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    S56035 said:
    Thanks so far but still a little confused. I get notifications from anything I either start or comment on but when I look at my list of favourites it's only got the five or so that I've clicked the star for. I must be doing something wrong?
    There's a global setting that applies to all threads that you've started and/or commented on.  You can choose to be notified (or not) of any updates to those threads.  You can change that via the options under your profile settings.

If you choose not to be notified of  all updates, you can instead choose to be notified (or not) only of updates to threads that you've subscribed to (clicked the star for).

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    So, untick both of the options for this setting?

Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

Then click the star for the ones I want to be notified about?
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    As said, if a thread interests you, and you want to follow it, click the star to it's right. The star will turn yellow and you will be notified when someone adds a comment. To turn it off, click the star again. It will turn white and you will no longer be notified of new posts there :) 
    I've got it set up now but not sure which one is less good.