SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - The most mighty Sophia Jazzblaster!

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
I bought this from Rich31, who bought it from Tom (jollygreengiant), and here again is Tom’s full rundown……. :

"Put together over the last year to be one of my bucket list guitars with no expense spared on spec and parts. Unfortunately, Jazzmasters are just not for me so moving it on to free up space and funds.
Was put together and set up for me by Jon at Feline including. Plays extremely well, Jon rolled the fingerboard edges, cut the nut and also gave it his famous fretwork treatment. 

Body was made by Jon @ Rexter guitars and is a clone of his original 60's jazzmaster.
Its got custom enlarged pickup routes for the wide range humbuckers.

Jon also did all the finishing work - its full nitro finish in vintage correct sonic blue with matching headstock. Rear of the neck is matt finish with the rest of the guitar in gloss.

Neck is from Allparts with the following spec - 

Rosewood fingerboard
21 tall frets (.079 x .051 inch) 2.07mm x 1.3mm
9.5 inch radius
25.5 inch scale
Nut width 1 and 5/8 inches
Heel width 2 and 3/16 inches
Truss rod adjustment at heel
Neck thickness .86 inch at first fret, .96 at twelfth fret.

Logo on the headstock is custom from Rothko and Frost and has my daughters name rather than "F" and "Jazzblaster rather than Jazzmaster.

• Tuners are Gotoh.
  • Bridge is a Staytrem and 9.5" radius to match the neck.
  • Tremolo System is a USA Fender one, same used as AVRI and 65 reissues, not the cheaper lower spec Mexican or Japanese version.
  • Pick Ups are the new Fender CUNIFE Wide Range Humbuckers
  • Pickguard was custom made
  • Pickup Switch and Output Jack are Switchcraft.
  • Pots are CTS
Will also come with a Hiscox Hardcase"

Tom put the weight at just under 8lbs, but my scales (which are accurate) put it at 7lb 7oz. 

It is a beautiful creation, put together really well with quality parts”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077

I’ve had this for several months and it is a genuinely exquisite guitar, hand made by folks that really care with some of the best bits Uncle Leo’s cupboard has to offer. But as with every Jazzmaster affair I’ve ever had, it’s come to the “It’s not you, it’s’ me” moment. I don’t seem to ever manage to get on with bigger guitars and always find myself drawn back home to a Strat; and it’s single coils. 
    I was a little shocked to look back and see that all I paid for it was £750, INCLUDING a perfectly decent Hiscox case and postage, so that’s what it’s back here for. I’m not really looking for trades as I have my eye on something suspiciously Strat shaped but if you have a blue collar bolt on with some smooth P90s I might well be tempted. 

*apologies for the dust in the pics, a bit mortified about that*

**not enough to re-shoot them obviously**
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4324
    Fuck. I’d have that in a flash if I wasn’t mid divorce battles :cry: 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 845
    That’s lush
    Fuck. I’d have that in a flash if I wasn’t mid divorce battles :cry: 
    That’s a shitty place to be but after that, much happiness and freedom. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If I hadn't just had the double whammy of buying a ESP ohmura sig snapper and a full revalve and service of my quad preamp I would have had this back in a flash.

Genuinely great offset and feather light. 

Good luck with the sale
  • Jo-to-poJo-to-po Frets: 138
    Is it just me that can’t see the pics? This sounds right up my street. 
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    edited April 2022
    I can’t see them on mobile either, which is a shame because it’s a beautiful guitar. Lightweight and resonant. Great pickups too. 

@dazzajl is great to deal with as well.  
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4126
    Jo-to-po said:
    Can’t see them on my phone or MacBook 
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 277
    Jo-to-po said:
    Can’t see them on my phone or MacBook 
    They were there last night on my phone, but not now on my MacBook (safari)
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2761
    It looks like the pictures are being hosted on Box, is that right? Does it depend on being logged in there (I'm not, so I can't see the pictures). 

Here's jollygreengiant's original post, for the curious: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/218114/

It's lovely, and I wish I wasn't at the stage where I need to reduce rather than enlarge the accumulation of guitars I have here.
    Sorry all. The photos seem to have fallen off the page one person at a time. They’re still safe and sound at the host but not showing. I did have a bit of a mare posting the thread last night, hence the disjointed posts up at the top. 

It has gone now to a regular here who was the first to drop me a message last night. Thank you all who’ve been in touch 
    Absolutely correct @Grangousier they are on Box, which has always been reliable for posting pics here. I use Box when I’m posting on my phone and Zenfolio if I’m at my computer. Neither need you to be logged in BUT all computers hate me and if they can throw a spanner, you can bet they will!  :3
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3111
    Blimey, that's a great price. I put my own JM together in a similar way, and the total cost came to around £1,400!