John Taylor bass odyssey

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
Prob already done the rounds but an interesting and enjoyable insight into his process. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    I watched some of his lockdown clips. Interesting how he was coming up with basslines for songs that became massive hits when he still hardly knew which way up to hold the instrument, quite a natural talent. His cameo in the film King Rocker is delightfully self effacing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
    Nice to see an older pop star still so clearly in love with music. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    He's a fantastic player, and quite under-rated... presumably because he was in a 'pop' band.

One of my biggest influences in taking up bass - although I don't play like him - and one reason why I love Aria SB basses.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5215
    Amazing bass player, whether you like Duran or not, the talent is undeniable. One of my faves of all time.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    Fantastic musician. Hugely underrated. I spent my early 20’s in a Duran Duran influenced band.