Are post view counts broken?

What's Hot
BodBod Frets: 1286
Is there a problem?  Even posts that have numerous replies show only 1 view?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Yes. But I've checked and it looks like you genuinely only have one view on your posts in particular. It's your secret admirer,  Hector.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    You're Hector, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    A few things seem to be broken. If you check when someone was last active, sometimes it shows them last here weeks ago, even though they’ve posted something today. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18386
    boogieman said:
    A few things seem to be broken. If you check when someone was last active, sometimes it shows them last here weeks ago, even though they’ve posted something today. 
    Yeah, but on the plus side you can always get information about the Guitar Show 2018.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    Bod said:
    You're Hector, right?
    No, you are. :D
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26461
    edited April 2022
    Yep. This is one of the reasons I'm rewriting the whole thing, Vanilla is junk.

I may even have to remove the view count, to be honest. Essentially, it doesn't update it when the page is requested on the server - it updates via an extra request which is made by Javascript, which usually fails because the tracking table is so big; asking on the Vanilla forums results in the response, "Well, the community edition isn't designed for big forums, so pay up and use the hosted version". Which is fine, except that would cost about $10k/month for our traffic levels. In fact, it's so expensive that Vanilla have even removed all pricing from their site now.
    <space for hire>
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    It can be flattering and/or reassuring to know that a Discussion one has started is receiving some attention. On the other hand, in the case of For Sale or Want To Buy listings, only the one reply that closes the deal matters.
    Be seeing you.