SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD (elsewhere): PRICE DROP Yamaha SF1000 SuperFlighter (£995) now £799

What's Hot
xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
Price dropped to £799. 

Expressions of wonderment here, but no interest, so I'm putting it on Reverb in a few days. Last minute tempter price drop to £799.  These are pretty rare, and this is a fine example at what is now a steal.

Go on, treat yo'self! 

---

Beautiful guitar in very good condition, especially considering its age (late 70s or 1980. 

Pictures on Flickr here.

Here's some info:

SF-1000, made in Japan , 1977-1980
Number of Frets: 24
Body Materials: Maple & Alder
Neck Material: Maple
Fingerboard Material: Ebony, wing-shaped inlays
Body-Neck Construction: Set Neck
Pickups: 2 Humbucking , F-I
Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way pickup selector, Bi Sound System (coil split switch)
Hardware: Gold Plate
Length: 829.7 mm. (32 5/8”)
Width: 347 mm. (13 5/8”)
Body Depth: 43 mm. (1 ¾”)
Scale Length: 628 mm. (24 ¾”)
Weight: 4.3 kg. (9.5 lbs)
Special Features: Bi Sound System (coil split switch)
Color Finish: Oil Stain

I had the SF750, too, which was also a terrific guitar, but sold it for funds to buy this one. The 24 frets are useful for soukous and rumba guitar styles, amongst many others, and the ebony fretboard is outstanding. It's pretty close to a "do anything superbly" guitar, but I also have a MusicMan Stingray which is similar and I seem to play that more. 

I am in London. There is no case, but can put in gig bag and thoroughly wrap and pack it in a guitar box. I'd prefer collection in person, for such an old and one-off guitar. Welcome to visit for a strum.

As to price, judging by the last one I saw on Reverb this one is rather "competitively" priced, I think. A few years back, when I got into SuperFlighters there was some guy who was trying to corner the market (? elitevintageguitar.com ?) and pushing the prices way up. Which massively p*ssed me off. So I'd rather it went to an appreciative home at a reasonable price.

Cheers All.

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• foskfosk Frets: 163
    What’s it look like?  Unless it’s me, there is no photo guitar as a whole?  Just loads of close ups?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    Used to hear a guitarist play one of these through a cranked Marshall 2x12 combo. Still one of the best sounds I ever heard 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    fosk said:
    What’s it look like?  Unless it’s me, there is no photo guitar as a whole?  Just loads of close ups?
    You're quite right. Fixed now. Last two photos in the album here.  HTH

• DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    what a lovely guitar
  • xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    Bumped with price drop.