Who's going the Bham Guitar show?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    spark240 said:
    Had a few hours there this morning, it seems less exhibitors, particular some of the bigger names missing, but a few more Indie outfits, so did a bit of video and will put up on YT soon, I mainly went to the indie FX guys.

Good news is lots of the Indie guys said they were doing some business. 

actually almost the same number, just smaller stands - you can blame Brexit and Covid,

I bought in 40 new companies to replace Yamaha, Roland and Vox (Covid) and a load of EU based companies because of Brexit.

I thought the spread was really good
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Superb weekend. Jason and the team did a stellar job :)

cheers Nik
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Jason said:
    spark240 said:
    Had a few hours there this morning, it seems less exhibitors, particular some of the bigger names missing, but a few more Indie outfits, so did a bit of video and will put up on YT soon, I mainly went to the indie FX guys.

Good news is lots of the Indie guys said they were doing some business. 

actually almost the same number, just smaller stands - you can blame Brexit and Covid,

I bought in 40 new companies to replace Yamaha, Roland and Vox (Covid) and a load of EU based companies because of Brexit.

I thought the spread was really good
    Hey Jason ...Im sure it was a real challenge this year, and to be honest the Indies are far more accommodating when chatting as its their lifeline !

It seemed a little more spaced out so a bit more room to manoeuvre which was good, and the overall noise level seemed better even in Amp time ;-)

Good job bud.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    tFB Trader
    I just wanted to say, if you came along - Thank You, you've kept another little business going.

I've never had to work so hard to drag an event over the line, but I did, so here's to TGS23 and a more normal time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    I just wanted to say, if you came along - Thank You, you've kept another little business going.

I've never had to work so hard to drag an event over the line, but I did, so here's to TGS23 and a more normal time
    Outstanding work mate, you can be very proud :)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    @Jason it was a fab weekend, thanks to you and your great team for arranging it.

Was really nice meeting a few fretboarder members for the first time and seeing a good number of fretboard vendors there too.
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

Cracking Show Jason !! Really glad we came :)  
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6126
    edited May 2022 tFB Trader
    I have to say we had a great time, the best nit of the birmingham show is actual face to face contact with people... For us the show was a total success and I appreciate the time people took to pop in and say hi. Apologies if we didn't get much time to chat, my mind was everywhere...

thanks to Jason, the show was awesome and i know it was hard won... appreciate the effort greatly.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Glad it went well; I decided not to go, but good to see the positive feedback.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I watched the first ten minutes of TPS VCQs tonight to see if it got a mention and it did including specific praise for @Jason ;

Although no mention of the fat sweaty guy Mick stood next to for five minutes of Aynsley Lister’s set :frown: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I watched the first ten minutes of TPS VCQs tonight to see if it got a mention and it did including specific praise for @Jason ;

Although no mention of the fat sweaty guy Mick stood next to for five minutes of Aynsley Lister’s set :frown: 
    Ooh I’m famous. I’ll have a look :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 765
    I went. It was loud! Saw Mick and Dan do there thang. 

And all I got was a thefretboard.co.uk bar mat. Limited edition so yours for £500, free P&P. 
  • Yes, thanks @Jason for arranging this.  It was my 1st time at the Brum show, even if I did spend too much on more gear that TPS tell me I need :)

I liked the quiet periods to get away from everyone playing louder and faster than everyone else.

Highlights for me were: Bernie Marsden; Danish Pete/Monty; Chris Buck; TPS and meeting Redbeard; Tate FX; Modulus; Dan from Rotosound and many others. 

Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3068
    edited May 2022
    I watched the first ten minutes of TPS VCQs tonight to see if it got a mention and it did including specific praise for @Jason ;;

Although no mention of the fat sweaty guy Mick stood next to for five minutes of Aynsley Lister’s set frown 
    I'll have a look to see if he mentions a fat bloke that pushed in front of him and Lee Wrathe in the dinner queue. Had nice chats with Lee and also Matt Gleeson of Monty's Guitars.. both were very generous with their knowledge and time.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom