SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS / FT - WezV StratTele

What's Hot
webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1062
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
A few guitars up for sale, collection seems to have expanded more than planned over lockdown!

Patrick James Eggle 96 Drop Top HH, crotch cut Claro Walnut, Mojo humbuckers - £2200: (Now traded)

WezV StratTele, tele shaped Walnut top - pickups are strat neck, middle and tele bridge - all BKP (Irish tour SC's, Flat 50 or 52 tele) - £600 ono

Open to shipping if needed - I'm in Glasgow but flit down to the Lake District quite a bit too

If you fancy more details or pictures DM your email address and I'll send them on to you.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1062
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Love the StratTele!
    GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2322
    I'm intrigued what 'crotch cut' means
    jdgm said:
    Love the StratTele!
    GLWTS.
    Thanks - great guitar, sadly I'm not much for single coils :)

Fishboy7 said:
    I'm intrigued what 'crotch cut' means
    @Fishboy7 - here you go:

Have to admit I didnt know either...
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3901
    The Eggle is an outstanding player. Definitely one of the slickest guitars I’ve had, similar to a Charvel Custom Shop I have currently. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    edited May 2022
    The Eggle is an outstanding player. Definitely one of the slickest guitars I’ve had, similar to a Charvel Custom Shop I have currently. 
    Yeah it been hard to think about moving this on, but I want a Macon...
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    webrthomson said:
    That is a tough one... the Macon is an awesome guitar, but I must admit, if I could only keep 1 guitar I would find it very hard to choose between my 96, Oz and Macon (having said that, my Macon is only a humble Junior - if I had a carved top it might be a different story).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 393
    edited May 2022

I've been searching for a Macon for a year that I like.... but finally came to the conclusion I just had to order one with Pat.

Seems to be a holy grail, and from chatting to him at the guitar show on weekend, next years going to be special for his 40th anniversary of building guitars. Then he may consider his position....

So nows better than never to place some orders!

RevMatt said:
    webrthomson said:
    That is a tough one... the Macon is an awesome guitar, but I must admit, if I could only keep 1 guitar I would find it very hard to choose between my 96, Oz and Macon (having said that, my Macon is only a humble Junior - if I had a carved top it might be a different story).

I think even when I have the Macon, my 96' is always the first one I reach for..
    edited May 2022
    RevMatt said:
    webrthomson said:
    Yeah I tend to feel a bit more at home on a more LP shaped guitar - the 96 is a great guitar for sure though!

I've been searching for a Macon for a year that I like.... but finally came to the conclusion I just had to order one with Pat.

Seems to be a holy grail, and from chatting to him at the guitar show on weekend, next years going to be special for his 40th anniversary of building guitars. Then he may consider his position....

Interesting @Squareheadedfreak, did you get any indication of what their build time is at the moment?

• RevMatt said:
    webrthomson said:
    Yeah I tend to feel a bit more at home on a more LP shaped guitar - the 96 is a great guitar for sure though!

Interesting @Squareheadedfreak, did you get any indication of what their build time is at the moment?

Yup, March/April 2023.

Peach has some build slots in 2022 you can jump into but you pay a premium for that

Yup, March/April 2023.

Peach has some build slots in 2022 you can jump into but you pay a premium for that
    Excellent - thanks for that! :)
    Bump
    Bump
    bump
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17251
    edited May 2022
    Ooh,  another one.

The bridge pickup was a BKP Flat 50, but I believe Tim got his hands on some more 50's tele pickups and updated the name to the Flat  52 a few years later.  They released a new version of the flat 50 with different wire.   This would be the original version of the Flat 50, which is one of my favourite tele pickups.

The top is English walnut, finished in tru oil and briwax.  Lovely piece of wood.
    WezV said:
    Ooh,  another one.

The bridge pickup was a BKP Flat 50, but I believe Tim got his hands on some more 50's tele pickups and updated the name to the Flat  52 a few years later.  They released a new version of the flat 50 with different wire.   This would be the original version of the Flat 50, which is one of my favourite tele pickups.

The top is English walnut, finished in tru oil and briwax.  Lovely piece of wood.
    Thanks for the details Wez :)
    ping
    Forgot it was here bump...
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1117
    That Wez is a truly cool thing!

Wish I had something to offer for trade...
    BigPaulie said:
    That Wez is a truly cool thing!

Wish I had something to offer for trade...
    Thanks, it is nice, single coils are not really my thing :)