Selling Allparts Neck with a Charvel Logo

What's Hot
I’m not sure where to ask this, so posting here. 

I bought an Allparts neck (from eBay of all places) with a Charvel logo already applied - well under the lacquer unfortunately. 

Now I want to sell it, can I sell it on the Fretboard? It’s not a full guitar obviously (against which there’s an explicit rule against), but can I sell it as-is?

Had a good read of the rules, so if it’s there it got past my eagle eye …

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    Nope, I'm afraid not - the logo means that it's pretending to be something it's not, which makes it illegal to sell in the UK (it's Classifieds Rule #10).

The only way to make it legal to sell is to sand the logo off (and presumably re-lacquer it).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 696
    Cool - Appreciate the position. 

Good to know where I stand. 

Might try on eBay :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Nope, I'm afraid not - the logo means that it's pretending to be something it's not, which makes it illegal to sell in the UK (it's Classifieds Rule #10).
    Weasel your way around the forum classified rules by offering a genuine neck on a fake body. 

There is a guitar for sale on this forum right now that is blatantly partially counterfeit. It has been flagged yet the listing still stands. The seller has helpfully posted a photograph of the genuine article. This only serves to demonstrate that the body of his item is not genuine. 

I suspect nepotism and/or Freemasonry.
    Be seeing you.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    Weasel your way around the forum classified rules by offering a genuine neck on a fake body. 

There is a guitar for sale on this forum right now that is blatantly partially counterfeit. It has been flagged yet the listing still stands. The seller has helpfully posted a photograph of the genuine article. This only serves to demonstrate that the body of his item is not genuine. 

I suspect nepotism and/or Freemasonry.
    That's not getting around the rules at all, it's a direct breach of them.

PM me with the link, if you can. Or just flag it again, we might have missed it.
    <space for hire>