SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Gretsch Custom Stephen Stern Masterbuilt G6118 TCST Double Annie £3100 SOLD

What's Hot
williaaaamwilliaaaam Frets: 225
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
Reluctantly putting this stunner up for sale, professionally setup with flat wounds this is as good as it gets from Gretsch. Amazing relic job by the custom shop and these filtertrons are something special! Comes with the Certificate and Gretsch strap.
£3100 firm (what I paid) no trades.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    The stuff of dreams! Gorgeous... GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited June 2022
    Fabulous.  When mine was for sale, it was at £3499, which I thought was decent as the only other one that I could find was a touch over £4000, so this is a really, really good price - underpriced, I think, but you're putting it back in at the price that you paid, which is great. It's the price of a new 6120 Chet, and I know which I'd rather have.

I didn't take to mine straight away (hence putting it up for sale) - absolutely nothing wrong with the guitar, just not my preferred control layout. I was about 15 hours away from selling it, when the buyer changed his mind, and I can't thank him enough for that.

It was of such good quality and character though, that I decided to persevere and I'm glad that I did. It really is a superb guitar - the neck is just quality and the rolled edges of the fretboard are a delight, as is the ebony fretboard.

As good as the Terada Gretsches are, this is a noticeable step up - it should be really, but it's a work of art. I almost wish that I hadn't got one now, so that I could buy this!

This shouldn't last long at that price especially. GLWTS.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8335
    Is this my old one?
    Was a complete Wally to sell this. Miss it terribly. 
  • williaaaamwilliaaaam Frets: 225
    Now sold
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Excellent. That's a real treat for someone at a great price. Nice to know it's stayed within the forum too.
    Call me Dave.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Thankgod for that! I was working out how I could buy it back!
    AlexO said:
    Thankgod for that! I was working out how I could buy it back!
    Same. 
    Hopefully, the new owner will put the Flatwounds in the bin, as they are awful with Filtertrons.  Only any good with Dynasonic single coils. 
  • williaaaamwilliaaaam Frets: 225
    TheMarlin said:
    Hopefully, the new owner will put the Flatwounds in the bin, as they are awful with Filtertrons.  Only any good with Dynasonic single coils. 
    Disagree with this , I toured with this as my main with flatwounds and had no end of compliments on the sound. The best I’ve had live I reckon !