SUBSCRIPTIONS! Get image uploads and no ads!

What's Hot

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 452
    wellsyboy said:
    Subscribed but still have ads - how long does it take for them to stop? - oops - hang on - I lied!!!
    Yep - it seems to take about 10 minutes for Patreon to actually charge your card, at which point it sends a new update to our servers and you get the Subscriber role added to your profile.
    Thanks very much! Exciting stuff and happy to contribute
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I still think some the adds where ....enlightening.   I wonder what the rest of my family does with the internet sometimes.  

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    Is there ever likely to be a PayPal subscription option, I really don't need another online payment system….
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26549
    paulnb57 said:
    Is there ever likely to be a PayPal subscription option, I really don't need another online payment system….
    Yes, but at this point I can't see it being automated. Let me work out the details, and I'll put something up later in the week.
    <space for hire>
    paulnb57 said:
    Yes, but at this point I can't see it being automated. Let me work out the details, and I'll put something up later in the week.
    Thanks Lee
    Ive done recurring Annual subs on different fora before through PP…
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

lol well that failed I guess Lee?
    Ive just made a “Guinea Pig” PP payment, so perhaps wait a little longer….

No, that was one of Drew's alter-ego accounts.
    <space for hire>
    Just as an update on ads...I was contacted by Ezoic out of the blue, promising to beat the performance that AdSense and Monumetric gave us. Figured it was worth a conversation, although I was 90% leaning towards "Thanks, but no thanks" from the start, and told them that.

Turns out, that was pretty much contingent on a small detail I didn't get until near the end of the conversation - essentially, they wanted to run all of our traffic through their servers so they could inject ads wherever their system determined they would be best (subject to constraints I could define).

They didn't accept that this represents a security risk, particularly given that people often exchange bank details via PM, and they reckoned that my concerns about it were "a fantasy".

Interesting sales technique, that. Also, that'd be a "nope".
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8677
    This kind of sales speak always makes you wonder what else the salesman is hiding, or doesn’t understand.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    Anyone else having trouble with their Patreon payment to the Fretboard?

Mine has stopped the payment, automatically unsubscribed, and for whatever reason won't let me start it up again. There's available funds sat in my PayPal account (my chosen payment method) and my bank account which is set as back-up.

Just wondering if this problem is specific to me/my Patreon, or if it's a wider problem?
    Slimbert said:
    Anyone else having trouble with their Patreon payment to the Fretboard?

Mine has stopped the payment, automatically unsubscribed, and for whatever reason won't let me start it up again. There's available funds sat in my PayPal account (my chosen payment method) and my bank account which is set as back-up.

Just wondering if this problem is specific to me/my Patreon, or if it's a wider problem?
    Don't think so - looking at the stats, everybody else renewed just fine yesterday.
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766
    My payment went out ok yesterday 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Haven't noticed any problems

edited July 2022
    FYI all: it wasn't a wider problem, just a one off weird one (happens sometimes...), and it sorted itself.
    <space for hire>
  • I seem to be having some issues with a sale post. Not all my pics will load (resolution is fine) and half my description won't show on the listing. I've tried all sorts of editing and using different browsers but to no avail.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    I seem to be having some issues with a sale post. Not all my pics will load (resolution is fine) and half my description won't show on the listing. I've tried all sorts of editing and using different browsers but to no avail.
    This one? Images are loading fine for me...

<space for hire>
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 813
    Has the image size limit been raised to 3MB please?
    jaymenon said:
    Has the image size limit been raised to 3MB please?
    Not yet - I followed exactly the process required, and it just became unstable. Still working on it.
    <space for hire>
  • Just a quick one for your info really chaps (as I am not bothered honestly ). I’ve been a subscriber for quite a while but still see ads at the top and bottom of the page 
  • Just a quick one for your info really chaps (as I am not bothered honestly ). I’ve been a subscriber for quite a while but still see ads at the top and bottom of the page 
    There's a reason - I'll PM you :)
    <space for hire>