SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: various guitars for sale, and maybe an amp or two.

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7743
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
SOLD:::For sale, Gretsch G5129. 

From 2008, the desired late model with smaller F-holes and all the bugs ironed out. 

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/T3KarEe

This has been well looked after with only a few tiny blemishes around the headstock. 

I’ve had this guitar regularly setup, and it got a good fret levelling and polishing when I first bought if.  It’s a lovely guitar. It’s currently sporting a set of 11’s, strings are ‘groundwounds’.  Round wound ground flat to feel like Flatwounds- a great halfway house between roundwound or Flatwounds, without being too flubby on the bass. will supply a fresh set of groundwounds or round wounds as buyer wishes. 

Original tuners were a bit pants, so I bought a set of Klusion locking tuners that fit the exact footprint of the originals, and has them professionally installed.  Hold tune superbly. Original tuners included in sale. 

These (all models) came from the factory with the pickups set way too low, leaving the guitar sounding a bit thin and weedy.  I purchased a few sets of shims from TV Jones, now the pickups ride at the correct height. This thing sounds pretty damn astonishing. These DeArmond 2000 pickups are just spectacular, and really capture that twangy 50’s Gretsch sound, while still being able to deliver modern contemporary tones.  Think of it as a fat 3D sounding Telecaster. Pickups are super articulate, and great if you love your pick dynamics. 

Pickups sound 95% the same as Dynasonics.  Dynasonics maybe have a tad more thickness in the mids, but you would struggle to tell them apart in a blind test. To be honest, this guitar sounds better than my 6120.  

Neck is lovely, wide with 12” radius and super comfortable. A fuller Fender C profile. 

I have no hard case for this, I’ll dig around the garage, i may have a gig bag for it, but haven’t seen it for a while, so will have a look. Might have gone elsewhere. 

This model (5129 or 512x) was made in three version. The first one has the neck set at the wrong angle, and came with a B70 bigsby.  Best avoid that one. 

The second version has the neck at the correct angle, but has oversized F-holes. Lots of people reported weird neck vibrations at volume.  This is the final version (2008 onwards), and has zero issues and is by far the best version to get.  

It’s fully hollow, with a little bracing under the bridge, so is very lively, with great controllable feedback.   

I honestly adore this guitar, but need to make some room, so is the first of several guitars I’m putting up for sale. 

£550 collected from High Wycombe for the best sorted G5129 around.  Happy to meet at a services within an hour drive.  I also work near Cambridge a few days a week, so often driving along M25 and up the M1. Happy to make detours if that helps.   Also driving up to Liverpool in early July if that helps, so delivery (to some extent) could be possible. 

Thanks for looking

Marlin

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
    Wait? What?!!? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 232
    Hi Marlin, if your G Love Corvette (which I stupidly didn't buy a few years back) is coming up on the block, please give me dibs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 696
    That's lovely!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7743
    edited June 2022
    Jim54 said:
    Hi Marlin, if your G Love Corvette (which I stupidly didn't buy a few years back) is coming up on the block, please give me dibs!
    sorry, I doubt i’ll ever sell that one again. It’s now sporting TV Jones Supertrons which sound amazing, and I’ve further modded the Bigsby with a heavy arm, there is a queue of people after it, but not selling. 

Howeve, it does have a twin.  They did a limited white Corvette with black pickguard exclusively for the Japanese market.  I imported one from Hiroshima in 2008. I believe only a handful came to Europe. 

My one has locking tuners, modded Bigsby upgraded pots and wiring, and Gretsch hilotron pickups (rewound by Bareknuckle) - just a touch hotter to bring them a bit more up to date. 

Does that ‘house of the rising sun’ and early Beatles sound fabulously, but also does a fantastic angry telecaster tone. 

In all honestly, despite being a great and well sorted guitar, I rarely play it. So that could be up for grabs.  

More photos here https://imgur.com/a/cNpi19j

Cheers

Marlin

EDIT: White Corvette now sold. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2022
    Vintage Lemon Drop. Zero marks on it, plays beautifully. Sounds excellent. I was going to upgrade the electrics and add a Bigsby B7, but ended up spending a bit on a certain premium LP a-like forum tart, so this is now up for grabs. 

Has really nice subtle figuring. More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/NpGTLje

£250. No case unfortunately. 

edited July 2022
    SOLD::Fender Vintera Telecaster Custom 70’s in fiesta red. 

Stunning tele.  Pro set up with 11’s, sound glorious. Has proper Re-engineered Fender wide range pickup that actually sounds vintage correct.  
    Zero issues, is mint as the day I bought it, but now with added dust (will be impeccably clean upon collection). No marks, dings, perfect.  The neck has fantastic figuring in it, it’s looks fabulous up close and personal.  The colour doesn’t photograph well, but is lovely. 

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/rXRF4O0

This was the only guitar in all of GuitarGuitar that spoke to me that day they first opened after pandemic.  I played loads of guitars that day, and this was the only one that really grabbed me. So had to leave with it. 

Will miss it. Comes with Fender gig bag, tags, everything I received on purchase.  £600 collected from High Wycombe 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    Jim54 said:
    sorry, I doubt i’ll ever sell that one again. It’s now sporting TV Jones Supertrons which sound amazing, and I’ve further modded the Bigsby with a heavy arm, there is a queue of people after it, but not selling. 

Howeve, it does have a twin.  They did a limited white Corvette with black pickguard exclusively for the Japanese market.  I imported one from Hiroshima in 2008. I believe only a handful came to Europe. 

My one has locking tuners, modded Bigsby upgraded pots and wiring, and Gretsch hilotron pickups (rewound by Bareknuckle) - just a touch hotter to bring them a bit more up to date. 

Does that ‘house of the rising sun’ and early Beatles sound fabulously, but also does a fantastic angry telecaster tone. 

In all honestly, despite being a great and well sorted guitar, I rarely play it. So that could be up for grabs.  

More photos here https://imgur.com/a/cNpi19j

Cheers

Marlin

A lovely pair, ooh missus. There's just something about that green colour on the corvette. Think it reminds me of a green Morris Ital my dad had when I was a kid :) The white one is lovely, doesn't stir the loins as much as greenie though.
    edited June 2022
    White Corvette, £550.   White Corvette now sold. 
    Definitely interested Marlin. Any chance of delivery at all?
    Jim54 said:
    Definitely interested Marlin. Any chance of delivery at all?
    Well, i am driving up to Manchester to pick up a certain Maybach in July, then shooting through to Liverpool for a few days.  Currently looks like I’ll be in that area 17th-19th July, or thereabouts. 

Would that work for you? (Assuming you’re in Stockport) 

:)
    Hi Marlin, yes near Stockport so should be able to work something out. Just off to pick my boy up so will message you later.

Cheers,

Jim
  • ByoByo Frets: 2
    Hi Marlin, is shipping completely out of the equation?  :#
    Byo said:
    Hi Marlin, is shipping completely out of the equation?  :#
    I can deliver in person to some places.  Your profile says London, i’m not far away, so could drop off for you. 
    Up next, a Rivolta Mondata.  I like this one an awful lot, but I’ve got an expensive guitar coming, and have to make space and liquidate a few assets. 

Will post photos in the morning. 
    edited July 2022
    Rivolta Mondata XVIII. (Sorry, no longer for sale)

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/WNXsif6

This model with the Bigsby is no longer being made, the new ones have the Les Trem, which is a shame.  Bigsby is far superior. 

Bigsby on this one has been modified with a BicksBiggsFix tuning stabiliser, which gives it a super silky smooth action, and superb tuning stability. Bigsby is now fantastic!

Body is chambered mahogany, neck is slim, but feels very comfy with wide feeling fretboard.  Loads of room for manoeuvre.   Pickups are Firebird style mini humbuckers, have a great fat single coil like sound with great pick dynamics.  

It’s honestly a fabulous guitar this one. Pro setup, will come with fresh 11’s.  Has two tiny dings, one you have to hunt for, the other you can only see at a certain angle. Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/fAbSYAn

Asking £675.  (Sorry, Rivolta no longer for sales)

Love this one, will be quite happy if not doesn’t sell.  To be fair, all of these guitars are excellent, regardless of price.  All had a pro setup, and seasonal checks and string changes. 

I don’t like having guitar in cases, they so need to get some out of cases and in the walls. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    So tempted … for you know which one ;). Also really curious about the “new expensive” acquisition.

I probably don’t need to say it but this is a top seller and person.
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 841
    If you were tempted to let my old Atomic Brain go, I’d happily take it back.
    The project that didn’t happen, is now happening.
    melod said:
    So tempted … for you know which one ;). Also really curious about the “new expensive” acquisition.

I probably don’t need to say it but this is a top seller and person.
    This Maybach Lester 58:
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/230104/fs-maybach-lester-58-sold-prs-mira-core-jackson-dinky-mij

I’ve got a hammer, and a spare Bigsby, so it’s going to gain a wiggle stick very quickly. 
    If you were tempted to let my old Atomic Brain go, I’d happily take it back.
    The project that didn’t happen, is now happening.
    That’s possible.  I’ve got an original Brain and your old Atomic Brain, could let one go. PM me for details :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    TheMarlin said:

Very @HarrySeven ; :)
    Be seeing you.