SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: FS: Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard (58 Reissue, VOS, 2017, Dirty Lemon)

What's Hot
PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
edited July 2022 in Guitars £

For Sale - Gibson Les Paul Standard Custom Shop 58 reissue in Dirty Lemon VOS, built in 2017.

Price: 2900 GBP - no trades, thank you

COA and all original "case candy" included.

As most folks in these parts are aware these carried the True Historic appointments and a 59 neck carve.

Purchased here in May, and plenty of photos and details can be found in the FS thread from the time:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228162/fs-2017-gibson-custom-shop-historic-1958-les-paul

The previous owner believed that the guitar weighed 8lb, and this was why I purchased it. However, this is incorrect - the guitar weighs 9lb exactly and so my hunt for a very lightweight example continues. 

Note the very strong vertical grain on the body - something that caught my eye when originally listed.

I've given this LP a run-out at band and it sounds "big" in the room - it's worth one extra notch on my master volume compared to my usual gigging guitar! Balances perfectly on a strap.

In excellent condition - one small mark on the lower top edge of the body (in line with the volume pots if you look carefully) - not easily captured in the photos but it is visible. Other than that, guitar is clean and without mods, breaks or repairs. As a plus, the finish shows a few early signs of natural finish checking.

I've given this guitar a very detailed clean (frets, which are in excellent condition, have been lightly polished - fretboard cleaned and oiled - hardware lightly cleaned- finish cleaned and waxed - etc).

The neck pick-up is clear and not muddy or "overpowering". To my ears, the guitar has a slight emphasis in the lower mids which helps lead work to "sing".

I paid the asking price of 3k in May. Listed for sale here for 2900 GBP to reflect a slight shift in the used market before it heads for a commission sale (where, of course, the price will be higher).

Based just a few minutes from J11 of M56 - happy for you to come and give the guitar a test, or can meet up within a reasonable drive.

Questions welcome, embedded photos to follow below but here is a link to the photo album (most photos taken whilst I was cleaning and setting up the guitar with the pickguard and truss rod cover removed - both now reinstalled as shown in the most recent photos):

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzXwqk

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments