SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn

What's Hot
IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 160
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
Ideally looking to trade for a black i30, but might be open to others with plain tops. Mines in excellent condition so after likewise condition. (Currently has amber top hats/switch tip, but would change back to factory black top hats and switch tip.)

Best guitar I own by a long shot. Best neck carve I've ever come across with a beautiful dark rosewood fretboard and plays like a dream so not sure I actually want to move the guitar on -  but the flamey/quilty top is a bit too bling for me. Absolutely love the guitar but going off Collings QC I expect/hope others stack up...

Drop me a pm if interested and fancy switching to a faded cherry i30. (Note - not really interested in selling.)

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 456
    Does this one have an aged finish? Looks like a shiny one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not an aged finish on this (though with Collings' super thin nitro I'm sure it'll age a treat).
    Gotta love the arched top and back! just has some sheen going on as took the pictures outside in natural light to try to capture the colour accurately.

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 456
    Mine's an Ice Tea Burst in an aged finish - they do that particularly well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 727
    edited July 2022
    I've got a Black one and love it, but boy does it mark easily. I've given up stressing over it now. No dings, but swirls - thought I'm sure everything would polish out if I wanted to.
  • brucegill said:
    I've got a Black one and love it, but boy does it mark easily. I've given up stressing over it now. No dings, but swirls - thought I'm sure everything would polish out if I wanted to.

you tease ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 160
    edited August 2022
    Had the opportunity to play another i30 - also stellar. However, the neck carve although essentially the same felt different, and not as goldilocks perfect as mine feels to me. Sure I could adapt, but I'm gonna hold on to mine.
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 539
    Out of interest - is yours a normal or the 60’s profile?
  • IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 160
    edited August 2022
    Standard neck profile. I generally prefer slimmer necks, fender late 50’s early 60’s etc. But this neck doesn’t feel big even though it is much more so than my other guitars. It’s really made me rethink what I thought I liked. Definitely drives home the benefit of trying out different guitars outside of set ideals.
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    Had the opportunity to play another i30 - also stellar. However, the neck carve although essentially the same felt different, and not as goldilocks perfect as mine feels to me. Sure I could adapt, but I'm gonna hold on to mine.
    I've got a number of Collings guitars all with their 50s neck profile and they all do feel a little different although you can tell they are all their 50s carve 

If you look on the specification for the necks on the Collings website there is a rider under the dimensions stating there will be some variations due to hand sanding.