SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - G&L ASAT Classic Tribute (affordable Tele awesomeness) price drop

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
The dreaded one-in-one-out rule has been invoked, so following the acquisition of the MIJ Telecaster from @simonhpieman ;;;;
this weekend I'm looking to wave byebye to my rather splendid G&L. 

It's the ASAT Classic, made in Indonesia. Officially it's in the 'clear orange' finish, but I regard it more as a 'trans-baby poo'. But fear not - it's a lovely thing.

When I bought it, it had been 'upgraded' with some no-name pickups: the guy who sold it to me claimed it was a Mojo or Creamery Tele-sized P90 in the bridge and a fender pickup in the neck but I'm not convinced [edit: the bridge was clearly a SD Vintage Broadcaster pickup, but the neck pickup was not identifiable]. While the bridge was great it was hideously mis-matched with the neck so I have installed a set of Alegree's Cirrostratus pickups, which are mighty fine. 

I don't have a case for it so would prefer some form of face to face exchange somewhere in the South East (live in Haywards Heath, work in London): motorway services, dogging spots, lairy boozers - you know the drill. If postage is the only way - I can figure summink out. 

How about £275 £250 (plus postage if absolutely necessary)?

Oh and I have a plain black guard for it too. The one on it was custom cut by some dude on ebay. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    Bump. 

No interest in some Indonesian loveliness? It's as tasty as Gado Gado or Nasi Goreng...

Happy to entertain offers if I've priced it too firm.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Price drop and pre-holiday bump. 

£250

• Very interested, but just bought (and returned) a used Tribute Special which a neck that was dodgy as anything. Factory shimming I would think, and absolutely no chance of a decent action/setup.

How is the actiion/setup/neck/stability? I generally play 11s (although this dodgy one was 9s/10s); would it be ok with that? Also, no microphonic nasties from neck PU at high volume/gain?

Sorry to be a dick!
    Very interested, but just bought (and returned) a used Tribute Special which a neck that was dodgy as anything. Factory shimming I would think, and absolutely no chance of a decent action/setup.

How is the actiion/setup/neck/stability? I generally play 11s (although this dodgy one was 9s/10s); would it be ok with that? Also, no microphonic nasties from neck PU at high volume/gain?

Sorry to be a dick!
    Hiya - no dickness detected whatsoever...!

I play 9-46 or 10s and it plays really well with that. Can't comment on 11s as my little princess fingers wouldn't cope. As I mention in the first post: the pickups are hand-wound aftermarket units from Alegree and are really very nice indeed. One of the forum stalwarts did a review of them here and I've had them in two guitars. Happy to go to PM/whatsapp to discuss

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sold

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 422
    Bargain!  
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Very happy with this! Seller is a pleasure to deal with!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom