SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - FretKing Elise JE and Ventura

What's Hot
GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2761
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
Down to the last couple - the thinline is on hold for a few months, but might be back up in the future, who knows. There are more things I'll be listing at the more modest end of the scale, when I get round to it.

I'm not averse to the idea of posting, but it would be at the buyer's cost and risk and (ideally) with a courier arranged by the buyer so that they can choose the level of service and insurance and whatnot. Having looked into it regarding the Greco, I'm not keen on the idea of posting outside the UK.

I have a few hard cases for some of the guitars, others might have to be in gig bags (so less postable). It might take me a few days to source an appropriate box.

ON HOLD

SOLD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2761
    edited November 2022
    1976 Greco Spacey Sounds Thinline Telecaster - £500 ON HOLD

A lot of mojo - minor dings too numerous to document fully, but it wears its age well and plays even better. All original. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2022
    1982 Greco 59-65 - £500 SOLD

Lovely guitar, but my Les Paul needs are now being met by a Feline so it's not getting the play it deserves. I dated it from the serial number, which is incredibly faint now. 

I bought it from @ellwood of this parish, who swapped in (I think) Seymour Duncan APH-1 pickups. All original parts (including the Scream'in pickups with which it was originally equipped) are in the case. 

One thing is that there's a crack in the finish inside the bout, so it's not really visible (and I couldn't photograph it - all that black on black), but it's definitely there. To quote @ellwood when I bought it: "it had a crack in the finish inside the bout. It was like a flap of paint. I’ve superglued it down".

Neck width at nut: 45mm

Neck depth: 23mm

Weight: 4570 grammes (about 10lb)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Fender Classic Player 50s Stratocaster, Shoreline Gold - £500 - SOLD

The same Custom Shop Designed standard as the Baja Telecaster - here's the Music Radar review from 2007: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-classic-player-50s-stratocaster-26214

This one has seen a bit of action, has a few dings. The only problem for me was that I found that I use the position 4 more than any other, and on these guitars instead of being the neck/middle combination, it's the neck and bridge, like the tele middle position. 

IMG_4189.JPG 138.8K
    IMG_4193.JPG 132.9K
    IMG_4191.JPG 152.1K
    IMG_4195.JPG 251.7K
    IMG_4190.JPG 155.5K
    IMG_4197.JPG 294.3K
    IMG_4196.JPG 149.4K
    IMG_4194.JPG 131.3K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Edwards Les Paul Special, TV Yellow - £300 - SOLD

Extensive mojo, including one significant gouge on the back. The pickup selector switch needs a bit of looking at, sometimes it doesn't want to give you the neck pickup. 

Getting the callipers and tape measure out, to be specific: 

The nut width is 40mm
    The neck depth at the nut is about 20mm
    The scale length is 24.75" 

Which is normal for a Les Paul, isn't it. I'm a fool 

Weighs just under 3.2kg.

• PM'd
    edited August 2022
    FretKing Ventura - £350

Unusual-looking but surprisingly comfortable - Trev W's take on the offset. The combination of the two mini-humbuckers with the PAF at the bridge, the strat-style five-way switch and the usual Wilkinson Varicoil circuit (on the second tone), which fades between humbuckers and single coil also makes it remarkably versatile, and the pickups are bright and assertive. I've moved away from that sort of thing, though.

There's one major chip to the finish, not really visible when the guitar is strapped on, but still quite large, otherwise it would probably go for more. Genuinely conflicted - makes me happy to have it, but it's not getting the use it should, and did I mention the space thing? 

edited August 2022
    FretKing Elise JE - £600

The John Etheridge signature edition of the Trev's take on the 335 (more like the 339, in my opinion, though my opinion's not up to that much). Again with the Varicoil. Music Radar's 2014 review here: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fret-king-black-label-elise-je-603203

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 422
    edited August 2022
    PM'd Re 50's Strat.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2652
    Wow that edwards looks cool. And cheap!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1117
    That Edwards is fucking gorgeous.

£300 is an absolute steal! That's Epiphone money...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It is lovely, sort of proportioned for the Jaguar user, as it were - and I'm much more used to bigger scale lengths these days, so it's not getting much use.

As I said, the switch needs looking at, and (as I'm not able to do that sort of thing reliably myself) I thought I'd pass on the money it would take to fix it on to the buyer, who would probably be able to do it themselves. Having thought about it (and I've been thinking about it far too long), I'm happy to move it on for that price. 

That said, I've received dibs for it and the strat, so they're tentatively on hold for the time being. 

• PM'd re Greco
    Be careful out there.....
  • I’m gonna kick myself for passing on this but I’ll relinquish my ‘dibs’ request on the Edwards - my tipsy self last night was over-eager, but still sober enough to sleep on it. :mrgreen:

I have no doubt that someone else will very much enjoy this bargain though!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2652
    PM'd
    I've added measurements to the Edwards and Greco LP for the curious - if there's anything else that needs to be measured, get in touch!
  • Hi,

I'm still interested in the Edwards!
  • Pmd about the greco