SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA - Gibson LP Studio 1994 black and gold £899

What's Hot
Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1766
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
I know these are popular so here’s one I spotted on Facebook Marketplace. I can’t share a link so here’s the screenshot. (SN indicated 1994 rather than 1990 apparently, according to a commenter)

I have no affiliation with the seller or item.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
* Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
* Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 1093
    Love the ebony board on that. I can't really justify owning another les paul though.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Sold a very similar '94 about five years ago for £550. It remains the lightest Les Paul I've held. Wish I'd kept it but I was still figuring out what I liked back then
  • These are great. Recently picked up a 2008 in white with the ebony board. I believe these 90's ones are held in high regard. 

I've had quite a few les pauls in standard and custom format. The studio I have is definitely my favourite.

Somebody should go for it if wanting a decent les paul for a reasonable (these days) price.
  • I know these are popular so here’s one I spotted on Facebook Marketplace. I can’t share a link so here’s the screenshot. (SN indicated 1994 rather than 1990 apparently, according to a commenter)

I have no affiliation with the seller or item.

Greetings from the "commenter" (knobhead that has to shove his oar in) lol. Coincidence I spotted this on here small world ey. I have a wine red '93 which I love! This is a sweet deal indeed. 59 neck profile on these, stock gibson branded schaller tuners (versus the newer ping crap) - 59 neck profile too. Likely a 3 piece body (most of these were) and them kinda nasty square profile 90s Gibson frets are the only things. 

The case is an Early 2000s one though. That ain't original. It would've been a pink interior'd combi lock TKL. But I didn't want to knock the guys listing too much as he's offering it for a nice price indeed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 781

The case is an Early 2000s one though. That ain't original. It would've been a pink interior'd combi lock TKL. But I didn't want to knock the guys listing too much as he's offering it for a nice price indeed!

Actually it would have been one of the shotgun-style soft cases. Basically premium gig bags, so that case is a step up.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12749
    I bought one identical to this when new… instead of a Les Paul Custom. I tried a load of them at Rosetti and none of the Customs they had felt or sounded as good as their demo hack Studio… so I bought that.
    I only sold it due to financial problems… and have always regretted it.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Moloch said:

Actually it would have been one of the shotgun-style soft cases. Basically premium gig bags, so that case is a step up.

Sadly not 
    mate. The vast majority came in factory cases. First year ish TKL transitioned to the pink silk shrouds from the Woolen ones of the year previous. May be some crossover.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 781
    edited September 2022
    RobG3294 said:
    Sadly not mate. The vast majority came in factory cases. First year ish TKL transitioned to the pink silk shrouds from the Woolen ones of the year previous. May be some crossove
    Not on Studios. I own one and and tried several, playing more of them in the years since. 1994 Les Paul Studios came in well-padded gig bags that look like carry bags for rifles/shotguns. Could well have been a cost-cutting measure, given that was also the last year for ebony boards to be standard on any colour other than white and I've owned a 1987 or 88 one that came in a chainsaw case.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Moloch said:

Yep the one I picked up had a soft case like that. I got it off the original owner, he hadn't played guitar since his teenage band split up in the 90s. It had the receipt in the bag. Anyway, onwards upwards lol
  • impmann said:
    I bought one identical to this when new… instead of a Les Paul Custom. I tried a load of them at Rosetti and none of the Customs they had felt or sounded as good as their demo hack Studio… so I bought that.
    I only sold it due to financial problems… and have always regretted it.

Me too.
    I bought a white one in 1994 instead of a white custom, but mainly because of the wait on the custom.

I sold it and regretted it.

Fortunately I got it back.

It’s heavy but it deals with volume and gain really well and seems to have become much more resonant over the years. It’s nearly yellow now too and has many battle scars and lots of nitro checking.

It’s going nowhere whilst I’m still breathing
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20175

It’s going nowhere whilst I’m still breathing
    Your terms are acceptable...  8-X