SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Epiphone Riviera - USA 65/66 - Withdrawn

What's Hot
tele69tele69 Frets: 198
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Up for sale is my 65/66 Kalamazo Riviera USA. 
Lovely old guitar in exceptionally good condition.  No breaks, repairs or modifications. It sounds epic. It’s had the Robben Ford stop tail mod and it improves the sound vastly. I have two and this one wins on tone. It’s had a refret before my ownership. It plays beautifully too.  Pots date 65’  I m sure it’s an early 66 though. 40 mm nut. The neck carve isn’t as thin as it’s 335 brother. It lives in a TKL case. 
It’s a beautiful thing but i like a tremolo and my other one has that.
was £4750 now £4250
North East England.
thanks  for looking!
https://imgur.com/a/fzaRoK9

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Stunning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    Thanks Waz!

Dontgiveupyourdayjob said:
    Stunning!
    Appreciated!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Bump!
  • Beautiful guitar!
    Thanks Merc. Appreciated. 
    Another wee bumpupski 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15245
    tFB Trader
    Looks like a twin brother to my original Riviera - Like yours it has had a refret - I had it professionally done by Steve Robinson - Manchester Guitar Tech and it has seriously enhanced the whole playability - Mine still has the original trapeze tail piece - Maybe if I was a pro player I might go for the stop tail mod - But for me it would be over kill for the bedroom - Great guitar and IMO a good price at under 5K - Affordable vintage guitar, that is fairly rare, loaded with character - GLWTS
    Looks like a twin brother to my original Riviera - Like yours it has had a refret - I had it professionally done by Steve Robinson - Manchester Guitar Tech and it has seriously enhanced the whole playability - Mine still has the original trapeze tail piece - Maybe if I was a pro player I might go for the stop tail mod - But for me it would be over kill for the bedroom - Great guitar and IMO a good price at under 5K - Affordable vintage guitar, that is fairly rare, loaded with character - GLWTS
    Thanks for that, appreciated. Yeah it’s a cool old thing. I think the changes with frets and stop tail are acceptable and functional mods. Perhaps kills the originality for some but at the same time it maybe stops the worry out of taking it out and using it. The stop tail difference with my other 66 Riv with a Tremolo is quite substantial I’m probably selling the wrong one!
    Nice little price drop guys!
    now open to trades or px/ up or down for a nice old original Fender?
    now 4000 before i withdraw it. see how we go for a day or two!
  • 1965 Epi Frontier? It has a jack hole on the lower bout but otherwise in very good shape and sounds killer!
    that looks cool as Jimmy. unfortunately not one fir acoustics weirdly. thanks though buddy
    now withdrawn - thanks for the interest though folks