SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender American Vintage ‘56 Stratocaster

What's Hot
AjayeffAjayeff Frets: 29
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Hi!

2 tone burst American Vintage Stratocaster for sale but might be interested in anything vintage for some sort of trade.

This one is a case queen that’s never been gigged or left the studio. It stays in its case so as a result their are no bumps or scratches to the body or neck that I can see. 

Comes with the official tweed case, all the accessories (leather strap, ash tray cover, spare retro 3 way pickup selector etc) and paperwork :-)

These are generally considered some of the best, maybe the best avri’s ever produced. Certainly the most true to the original ‘56 Stratocaster. Certainly better imo than the 50’s & 60’s reissues that are currently out.

I sold my custom shop strat as I preferred this but I think after owning so many different strats I’m just stratted out and as a result I’m going down a completely different route guitar wise but this was the best of the strats I’ve had. It’s well loved and well cared for. I’d love for it to go to someone from this great community :-)

Feel free to come try it out. I’m fairly flexible regarding negotiating various aspects of any potential deal. I’m based on the outskirts of Cambridge. I can post anywhere in mainland uk.

£1625

https://postimg.cc/gallery/gG7FbQd
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6254
  • I agree, this is the best AVRI strat and, in my view, it is superior to CS. In particular, the neck and pickups are outstanding. I have had two, sold the alder one and kept the blond ash.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martin1914 said:
    I agree, this is the best AVRI strat and, in my view, it is superior to CS. In particular, the neck and pickups are outstanding. I have had two, sold the alder one and kept the blond ash. 
    Yeah the neck and pickups are so good. Neck just feels top quality & is a joy to play. The pickups have chime for days. Only strats I’ve heard with that chime are the pre cbs era ones imo. It might just be me but not too many people seem to know about this era of the range, I think it was from 2012-2018. Everyone that’s played one says the same thing, best of the avri’s and better than cs’s. 

I’m starting to talk myself out of selling it! :-/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    Nice guitar.
    Better than cs is a bit of a daft statement. I would say they’re better at feeling like old guitars, now that some have aged for 10 years, than cs, most of which have modern radius and frets. Many people prefer modern specs and of course the custom shop can make a guitar with vintage specs for you. Without doubt, they’re the best production guitars that fender made since the golden era and probably more consistent than golden era guitars.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • AjayeffAjayeff Frets: 29
    edited September 2022
    I get your point regarding modern spec on a vintage look. Of course saying anything is “better” is very much down to personal preference. I’d say though that in terms of quality of build and materials it’s on par with a custom shop no doubt. Maybe the Elite strat could make the same claim. Difference would be paying a premium for a bit of relicing and a better setup with the cs. Custom shops are essentially still mass produced factory guitars. Very good but hand made luthier level they ain’t but hey, play what you love! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for a strat that’s better than a custom shop! ;-)
  • Does this have vintage frets or tall ones?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Does this have vintage frets or tall ones?
    Vintage frets. All spec is the same as an original ‘56 :-)
  • Ajayeff said:
    Does this have vintage frets or tall ones?
    Vintage frets. All spec is the same as an original ‘56 :-)
    Ah, not for me then. Otherwise looks magnificent!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I think Fender calls these frets vintage tall. 0.045". 
    That’s the American original range, surely? AV are as stated above I believe - vintage spec. Small and skinny. 
    That’s the American original range, surely? AV are as stated above I believe - vintage spec. Small and skinny. 

You are right, my mistake
  • Bump
    Also interested in trades! 
    Bump due to announcement of the American Vintage II. The originals have better spec and added a price drop, now £1580